Chapter VII: Justice. Not Vengeance.

"Marthaaa...." said The Batman Who Laughs.

Bruce's eyes widen.

"Marthaaaa...." mocked The Batman Who Laughs.

The Batman slowly looks up. "Why... did you say that name...?"

"To create whatever the fuck you are now... Batman..."

The Batman bows his head and gulps. "Well... It worked... Because I want to kill you now..."

Bruce takes the gun out of his utility belt and places it on his head.

"You're the coward," smiled The Batman Who Laughs, who activates his rockets and flies away.

"Bruce...?" asked Diana. "The city's under lockdown. The President decided to impose martial law on it. Bruce...? Is... Is that...?" Diana grabs her mouth. "Bruce. I am so sorry."

Bruce gulps. "Yeah..."

"Bruce... We have to get out of here... The Robins... They're everywhere... They've killed 20,000 people. We have to get back to the cave and rethink our plans..."

Bruce grabs his utility belt. "Get the rogues out of here... I'll... take care of Alfred..." He gulped.

Later...

The Flying Fox lands on a cliff within the waterfall and the entire group drops to the ground, injured.

Barry is shown to have stabs all over his body with his legs snapped backward.

Victor is severely torn into pieces and is currently regenerating.

Arthur has a concussion.

The two Batmen limp to the infirmary.

But Bruce-22 goes back to help the other Leaguers.

Diana limps into the Batcave.

Bruce is carrying Alfred and simply walks past all of them.

Later...

*SHING!!!*

Bruce finishes shoveling Alfred's grave and lays him down there, gently. "I'm... I'm sorry..." he said, with teary eyes. Bruce then grabs the shovel and buries him quietly.

*SHING!!!*

"Bruce...?" asked Diana. "I know what you're thinking... This is the same thing you did with Kal-El. This is not your fault."

"He knew how to get in, Diana."

"What...?"

"I didn't even think of that possibility... That there was another me out there who was as evil as that piece of shit... This DEATH IS ON ME and it's in vain!!!" he sobbed. "I really am a piece of SHIT!!! I should never have returned, Diana... I never should've become The Batman again... and now I watched my father get shot all over again..." Bruce takes out the gun from earlier and points the gun to his head. "(I'm sorry...)"

*CLANG!!!*

Bruce's ear bleeds.

Diana blocked the bullet using her bracelet. "WHAT THE FUCK... BRUCE!??!" Diana grabs the gun and shatters it with her bare fingers.

Bruce begins to sob.

Diana simply gives a sympathetic look of concern and hugs him.

He sobs quietly as she hugs him.

"Heheh..." he chuckled.

"What...?" asked Diana.

"This is the first time I hugged someone who isn't dying in my arms..."