Ch. 22 Close Call

THIS IS THE ENDING!!!!!!! THE EPILOGUE IS AFER THIS AND THEN IT WILL BE OFFICIALLY OVER!!!!

ASHLEY'S AND DYLAN'S POINT OF VIEWS.

ENJOY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ASHLEY'S POV

Sam decided to take a personal day and visit her grandmother. Greg was too busy on his laptop to even tell me if he wanted to take a break and get some food. I had no one to hang out with here. What's a girl to do now?

I would go to the hospital but then Dylan would assume I'm there to keep an eye on him. He probably wouldn't answer his phone if I called to ask if I could come over there. I don't want to be stuck in this school if I don't even have a class to go to or homework to do. There was no money in my pockets either so I couldn't go watch a movie. I don't do window shopping either.

The only place I could think of going to was home. My parents were out of town anyway. I'm sure they wouldn't mind me going over there for a few hours. If anyone needed me, they had my number. So off to home I go.

I was not about to steal a car like Taylor did so I called a taxi before heading outside to wait for it. I only had to wait a few minutes before a taxi parked in front of the school. I told him the address of my house and before I knew it, we were in front of the house that I hadn't seen in months.

I thanked the guy and paid him before getting out of the car. It felt like I hadn't been here in years but I guess that's what college does to you. I walked up the steps of the house. My parents allowed me to keep the house key in case I ever wanted to stop by. When I walked inside the house, I wondered what I wanted to do while I was here.

Option one was watch cable while raiding the fridge. Option two was go in the game room and play some arcade games. There was always playing pool. So many things to do and so little time to do them. If my friends were here then the decision would be easy to make. I need to make more friends.

When I decided to just watch cable and pig out on snacks, there was voices coming from upstairs. My parents didn't have hired help so no one should have been here. I went into the hallway closet and grabbed a baseball bat that my dad had given me when I was a kid. He wanted to bond through sports so since I was a girl, baseball seemed to be a good choice to start with.

I waited by the stairs to see if I could hear the voices again. When no sound came from upstairs, I slowly went up the stairs. I avoided the steps that would make the slightest noise. It was better to be stealthy in case I wasn't hearing things earlier and there were actually people up there.

When I was at the top of the stairs, I looked around the hallway. It was still daylight outside so it wasn't hard to see everything. If there was a stupid thief up here, I would find them with no problem. If they were professionals then I would have a big problem.

I slowly walked to the first room on the left, which was my room. The door was open so I didn't have to worry about it making a creaking noise when I opened it. I stepped inside with the bat, ready to hit anything that moved. I was scared but I didn't want the thieves to know that if I find them.

As soon as I was in the middle of the room, someone grabbed me from behind and covered my mouth with their hand. I was frozen stiff as soon at that happened. If I fought back, they might use a weapon against me. There was no way I would take a chance at hitting him and running. He might have friends somewhere around here.

"Be quiet little girl and I won't have to hurt you," a man said, before dragging me out of my room. I am so going to die this time.

DYLAN'S POV