Chapter 53

Listening to Gauri's voice over the phone calmed his anger that was brewing just a moment ago. How could he ever let anyone hurt her? He will make sure everything around her is covered in happiness.

"You say that Riddhima has ruined your fake dress that is in the company right now?"

"Yes. I am hoping she did enough damage to give the media the impression that you would choose her dress over mine."

Even though she knew Omkara's feelings for her but that didn't mean he would put his company's interest above hers. She knew she was a bit impulsive but she was tired of being bullied at every turn.

"I..I know that I'm asking for too much. I know that there is no need for you to help me this way but I promise that this will put Oberoi Fashions' Old and Classy campaign in front of every media outlet. I just need you to trust me..."

Her voice trailed off softly as if she was losing confidence. Afraid that once again someone would abandon her at her moment of need. Clenching her fist as the silence over on the other end of the phone Gauri tried her best to calm her rapid heartbeat.

It was only when he heard his low chuckle that she felt the stone drop from her aching heart.

"Gauri. You can always do whatever you want with me around. If you want to play with Riddhima I will assist in anyway that I can."

"Play..." Gauri absentmindedly repeated. Her cheeks flushed as she felt like a little princess being spoiled by her guarding knight. Such fairytales never belonged to her.

"Do you need me to pick you up tomorrow?"

"N..No. Bhavya will take me to the company. She is my model anyways. I will meet you 2 hours earlier so that you can see the real dress first hand."

At this point he didn't care about any dress. He just wanted to hold her in his arms and shelter her from all the evil that is aiming at her.

"Gauri."

"Yes?"

"Gauri."

"I'm here."

"I miss you."

His low raspy voice made her heart race. She felt so flustered that she didn't know how to reply. So much has happened today that his persistence made her so scared. He wants to love her but she is sure she was not capable. She even felt disgusted with herself for asking for his help. Tears started to run down her face as she tried to respond.

"O..Om..I..I...just...don't...know...I...I'm sorry."

He knew that she had been hurt so badly. Betrayed by her own father that she no longer believed in any man but that will not stop him. For her he could wait many lifetimes.

"Don't be sorry. As long as I miss you it is enough."

His words left her speechless as she hung up the phone. With one arm covering her eyes as she laid in bed Gauri felt so helpless. Her heart and mind is not one when it comes to Omkara. She didn't want to delay him let alone wait for her in this lifetime. At the same time she doesn't know if she can handle seeing him with someone else.

"You are so selfish...you are afraid to love him but yet don't want him to love others." Gauri whispered to herself.

Taking a deep breath Gauri shook those thoughts out of her mind to play a skit in front of Riddhima tomorrow.

***********************

Gauri and Bhavya arrived at the company a bit earlier than Omkara and Rudra.

"Look at what that witch did to this dress!" Bhavya roared.

"You got to hand it to her though. With this kind of damage that would only show when you walk at least 10 steps is so despicable. Only an evil person can do something like this!"

Gauri rubbed the fake dress at the area with the loosen seam and sarcastically smirked. "Well, she is still very skilled at her craft. Not many can realize this alteration." But if Gauri didn't notice how embarrassing it would have been for her but mostly Bhavya. Her eyes darken just imagining if Bhavya took more than 10 steps the entire dress would practically fall apart to bare her breasts out in public! Luckily she fixed it where Bhavya would only be showing a bit of her waist and legs.

"Let's just set this aside and put on the real dress. Omkara and Rudra is coming soon. Don't you want to show Rudra just how beautiful you are?" Gauri teased as she helped Bhavya with the dress.

"Don't mention him! I am still angry that he didn't trust me! He thought that I would be just like all the other gold diggers he met!"

Looking into the mirror Bhavya couldn't believe that she could ever look so beautiful. Her long dark wavy hair was softly pulled to one side. The black silk dress hugged her curves perfectly.

Standing behind her Gauri was very proud of her work.

"Look at yourself Bhavya. Do you feel worthy?"

Bhavya's eyes suddenly shifted downwards not daring to look at herself in the mirror. She couldn't lie to herself and she knew Gauri had felt her fear. Ever since she realize Rudra's identity she was already feeling inferior. She wanted to work hard together with him to built a life together but that all seem to be a joke. How can he want her simple life? Even if he was okay with it but what about his family?

"Gauri...I don't know if I am brave enough to be with him."

Seeing tears in her friend's eyes made Gauri feel distressed.

"You are the bravest girl I know. If you want to fight to be with him I will support you. If you want to give up I will also support you. So don't cry. I really don't want to redo your makeup."

Bhavya couldn't help but let out a laugh as she sucked up all those sad emotions and lock them away.

"Alright. I've decided. I will forgive him and try because I do not want to regret it!"

"I know." Gauri laughed as she put the finishing touches on her beautiful model.

Just when she put down the needle and thread a sudden "gasp" took both of them by surprise.

"B..B..Bhavya?" Rudra studdered as he stood there in a daze.