Chapter 11

Her hand was so soft and small that Omkara thought it fit perfectly in his palm. He gently shook her hand as she introduced herself not realizing that he has been doing it for far too long. It was only when he heard Rudra and Bhavya clear their throats did he released her hand.

Omkara: I'm sorry. I'm just a bit nervous when meeting new people.

Gauri: Don't be nervous it is just a small dinner.

When he saw her turn away to walk back towards the kitchen Omkara wanted so much to follow but was stopped by Rudra.

Grabbing Om's hand to pull him aside a bit Rudra wanted to clarify some things.

"Hey Om. Tell me the truth now. You have a thing for Gauri?"

Clicking his tongue and trying to look as if Rudra was talking crazy Omkara tried his best to lie.

"What are you talking about? I'm just trying to be nice."

Looking at the two girls who were setting up the dinner table Rudra was not convinced that Omkara was not interested in Gauri.

"You are not being nice. You are being creepy."

"Hey. I'm just here to eat and nothing more."

Rudra: Seriously?

Nodding his head Omkara left Rudra to stare at his back while he goes to offer his help to Gauri.

Rudra's inner thoughts: What the hell...he just said he wasn't interested and yet he's already over there trying to talk to her!

Gauri who was almost done putting out her braised chicken and stir fried veggies only needed to scoop out some rice from the rice cooker when Omkara came up from behind startling her.

"OH!"

Bumping into his stone like chest Gauri had instinctively put up her hands to block her face from touching him.

Omkara: Are you alright? I didn't mean to scare you.

Lifting up her head to see his dark chocolate eyes only made her realize how close they were. Taking to steps back Gauri then saw that she had accidentally rubbed some sauce onto his grey shirt with her fingers.

"Ah...seems I have sullied your shirt. Can you follow to the sink and I will clean it right off."

Bhavya who was looking at the two glared at Rudra who was cursing at Omkara deep inside when he heard Omkara reply "Okay." And when he saw the way Omkara looked down at Gauri as she took a wet towel to remove the stain he just wanted to run and hide from his girlfriend.

Bhavya: Who is this guy Rudra? Normal men would just tell a woman that it is not necessary for them to help clean a stain like that. Look how happy he looks while she is rubbing that stain away. Did you bring an opportunist here?! I told Gauri all of your friends are nice like you!

"No..No..No...he's just very friendly. He is a nice guy Bhavya. I bet my life on it!"

"Well you better be right because if you are wrong you will be a dead man!"

Seeing Bhavya getting angry Rudra quickly ran towards Gauri and grabbed the towel from her hand while he pushes Omkara his way.

"Here let me clean that for you."

Omkara who was enjoying being so close to Gauri was now glaring at Rudra who was poking him with that towel rather than rubbing.

Omkara: Hey! That hurts!

Rudra: Hurts?! Take that!

Digging his fingers deeper into Omkara's chest Rudra was smiling at Bhavya while speaking through his teeth for only Om to hear.