Chapter 8

Riddhima could clearly see two women waiting in the reception area but she could only see the face of one whereas the other had her back turned towards her.

"Damnit! I can't see the other woman's face!"

Riddhima stared at Ishana from head to toe trying to size the woman up.

"I guess she does have talent. Even I own the same scarf from last season but never thought to turn it into a fashionable belt."

The more she looked at Ishana the more she hoped that it wasn't Gauri.

"Though her scarf is from last season her shoes are the hottest one on the market right now. How does a small town girl afford that?! She must have a sugar daddy. I bet she's here to sink her claws into Omkara! You might have a pretty face but I am here to make your life hell Gauri."

Re-adjusting her own tight button shirt where her cleavage was pouring out and a skirt that was clearly too short for work Riddhima started to walk towards the two women. When she saw Ishana's eyes fixate on her she did her best to stand up straight as she called out their names.

"Ishana Patel and Gauri Sharma?"

Both women stood up immediately and when she saw the woman finally turned around she just knew.

"Gauri Sharma."

Gauri: Yes I am Gauri Sharma.

Riddhima was obviously a bit flustered since she didn't mean to call out Gauri's name twice and when she realized that she herself was entranced for a mere second by this village girl soured her mood even more.

"Yes. Well there has been a slight change. Ms. Jhanvi and Ms. Kapoor has decided to interview both of you together. So follow me."

Ishana could not believe that she was getting to see both Jhanvi and Svetlana.

"Wait Miss."

It didn't take much for Gauri to realize that this woman did not really welcome them whole heartedly.

Clicking her tongue as she felt very annoyed Riddhima tried her best to keep calm.

"Call me Riddhima. I am Ms. Jhanvi's assistant."

Seeing how Riddhima gave a slight smirk to Gauri made Ishana very happy. It was obvious that Gauri was being eyed by Jhanvi and Riddhima did not try to hide her displeasure at all.

"Wow! To be working along side Ms. Jhanvi! You must be great Riddhima. Please guide me along the way."

"Well... if you ace this interview you will be working for Svetlana Kapoor. But since both teams are working on Old and Classy I don't mind showing you some pointers."

"Thank you Riddhima! I am so nervous!"

Ishana's reactions were expected because it's not everyday that you'd see Jhanvi and Svetlana conducting interviews because usually those tasks were handed down to the managers. If not for Omkara's request then Jhanvi wouldn't even bother interviewing for another assistant and the moment Svetlana caught wind of Jhanvi getting another assistant she too demanded one.

Riddhima was enjoying the fact that Ishana was now trying to curry her favor whereas Gauri was now walking behind them and seem to be in her own world.

Gauri was already starting to regret coming here today. She hasn't even been hired on and yet troubles were already being stirred up. Who knew that Jhanvi had an assistant already and a jealous one at that. It wasn't like she was here to steal anyone's job. All she wanted was to work at a peaceful place doing what she loved. And to see how quickly Ishana was laying down her network made her feel uneasy because she was not the type to butter anyone up nor was she one who desired to move up the corporate ladder.