Chapter 51

Throughout the entire day Gauri was absent minded. Her smiles were forced while looking dazed, as if she was now just a wandering empty soul.  Bhavya knew that her friend was trying her best to comfort her but how could anyone feel nothing after seeing the one person you hate most?

After returning home Bhavya motioned Gauri to have a hot bath to relax before bed. When she saw Gauri's door close she immediately took out her phone.

TEXT

Bhavya: Don't think I have forgiven you but I need Omkara's number.

Rudra: ...

Rudra: Why do you need his number? Are you trying to find him to move on?!

Bhavya: After we have broken up what happened to your IQ?

Rudra: Why do you need his number? I can't just give out his number?! Bhavya.....you don't know how hard life is with him now....save me....

Bhavya: Hard?! Good! But leave our stuff aside. This is important. It's about Gauri. I need to talk to him.

Rudra: Fine....but just so you know...I'm thinking about you ❤️️

Bhavya: ...

After getting the phone number Bhavya waited till Gauri was fast asleep.

"Omkara?"

"Yes. Is something wrong with Gauri?"

Bhavya took a deep breath and recalled everything that happened today. She knew the only person that could settle this account for Gauri was only him. As Gauri's best friend how could she just sit back and let Ragini go unpunished? So of course she embellished her story a bit.

"She cried all day long Omkara. Her eyes are soooo swollen. The pain is so unbearable that she cried herself to sleep. Her past is coming back to haunt her now. If she bumped into that woman today who says she won't meet her again?! If this goes on I know Gauri will leave MUMBAI!"

Omkara's fingers were turning white as he gripped his phone. His eyes were cold and sharp as if he was ready to clear this bloody road for his beloved. Even Rudra dare not make a sound after looking at his cousin's face. That sinister smile only meant one thing.

Omkara: Leave Mumbai? Gauri will not be the one to leave.

The chilling low voice sent shivers down Bhavya's spine but the relief of knowing her friend will be taken care of comforted her.

After hanging up the phone Rudra still did not dare to utter a single word to Omkara. The temperature of the room dropped dramatically forcing him to shrink into a little corner to eliminate his existance.

"Rudra..." Omkara finally called out coldly.

"Ye..Y..Yesssss?"

"Why are you stuttering?"

"Y..Y...You put away those eyes and that smile! I...I...I am not the enemy...I...I'm Ru...Ru..Rudra...FA.....Fa...FAMILY!"

Seeing his cousin walk over to the counter filled with all sorts of high end liquor only made Rudra even more scared.

"Sh...Sh...Should you be drinking this late? May...m...Maybe you sh.sh sh. should sleep?"

With a drink in his hand Omkara let the dark liquid coat his throat. The slight burn of the alcohol was not enough to extinguish his anger. All sorts of thoughts were now running through his mind. Questions like "How should I end Gauri's past? Long torture? Slow pain?" The more he started to plan the wider his smile grew.

"Om...O..Om....stop...smiling...."

Refilling his glass once again to calm his new found hunger to protect his Gauri, Omkara decided on both; Long torture...slow pain....just like how they made Gauri suffer till now.

"You know what Rudra..."

"W..W..What?"

"It is true what they say..."

"Wha..h..hhh..who say?"

"That when you truly love a woman...you can do anything for her..."

Looking into those cold black eyes staring at him with a devilish grin just brushing against the glass filled with liquor made Rudra's knees buckle.

"Well you should go to sleep. You will be quite busy tomorrow."

"M...M..me?..Om...I'm not cut out to do anything illegal! I...I'm too cute to go to prison for you! Ommmmm..."

Narrowing his eyes at his idiotic cousin Omkara gave out a sinister chuckle "You are never too cute for prison."

"Y...You're kidding right? Ha.Ha.Ha. You are so funny."

"Go to sleep. You have lots to do tomorrow."

***********************************

Nurse: He is still awake.

"Thanks. I will tend to him tonight. You may all take a rest."

As the nurse left Ragini hovered over Shatki's bed. She could see his eyes widen as he stared at her.

"Are you angry that I haven't been around?"

"Well it doesn't matter. I'm here to tell you something. Do you know who I met today?"

Shatki could see her disgusted face as she slowly sat beside his bed. If he could move the first thing he would do is divorce this ungrateful woman!

"Don't look at me like that. I'm here to tell you that I met....your beautiful daughter Gauri today."

The heart rate monitor began to jump.

"So excited? Just kidding. I did not see her but someone else has... and he is very interested"

Ragini slowly leans down to whisper into Shatki's ear. "Since you would not give me what I want don't blame me for selling your daughter to Abhimanyu..."

The heart rate monitor began to jump even more erratically and soon the nurse was alarmed and rushed in.

"What happened?"

Standing back up Ragini began to get into her role of being a loving wife.

"He must be happy that his daughter is here in Mumbai...."

Soon Ragini stood by as the nurse sedated Shatki. She felt disgusted as she thought of the time she had wasted. Everything was going fine until the accident! She didn't even get a chance to get Shatki to draft a will before disaster striked. But now with Gauri everything will change!

"See you soon Gauri."