Chapter 22

"Drive."

One word was all it took for his driver to know that his Boss was very angry and that for his own sake he had better step on the gas.

"Yes Sir."

When they finally arrived Omkara's steps were neither fast or slow but the coldness in his eyes was apparent to even the security guard that quickly bowed down his head to greet the owner of the building.

"Good evening Boss."

Clearly not giving anyone the time of day Omkara walked pass the scared guard that was blocking his way towards his private elevator. Once the door closed Omkara took out his phone to look at the text message that Khanna had sent.

"Accident? Here in my building?! Useless!"

Khanna who was standing by the elevator could see the yellow arrow light from above indicating that someone was in the private elevator and his heart was pounding uncontrollably.

"Oh no. He's mad. How else did he get here so fast!"

As the arrow got closer and closer to the designated floor number Khanna tried to swallow down his fear when he saw the door slowly open. His Boss's face had no expression but when he looked down at his Boss's hand he knew that his Boss was mad. The fingers gripping the cellphone was turning white and he could hear a slight crackling sound.

"Boss."

Walking coldly pass his assistant Omkara went directly towards his desk to see that his laptop was still open. When he saw Gauri on his screen his heart that felt like it was being squeezed this entire time slightly loosened.

"You said Ms. Sharma met with an accident Khanna. Why do I see her still diligently working?"

Khanna hasn't seen his Boss's dark angry gaze for a very long time especially directed and him and with the cold tone in his Boss's voice Khanna felt his soul exiting his body.

"Bo..Boss. I said small accident. Ms. Sharma had injured her finger."

Seeing his Boss glance back at the screen Khanna was sweating bullets when his Boss's brows started to furrow.

"How did it happen?"

"Ms...Ms. Riddhima accidently bumped into Ms. Sharma while she was cutting Boss."

Omkara could now see the piece of silk around her finger that was now dyed with her blood.

"Why did she not go get it looked at? We have a first-aid kit in every floor Khanna."

Omkara's voice was getting colder and colder by the minute and Khanna was now feeling that he was about to faint. His knees was starting to buckle as his Boss kept staring at him with those dark black eyes.

"Bo..Boss. How can I just go? Ms. Sharma will know that someone is watching her. Besides I figured she knew where it was and decided it wasn't necessary."

"Not necessary? Not necessary? So you think her bleeding is okay? Do you think I'd be happy to see her injured finger wrapped in some dirty fabric Khanna? Do you?"

At this point Khanna just wanted to blackout so that he could wakeup and start a whole new day but instead he is standing here dealing with the wrath of his angry Boss.

"Sorry Boss. I was wrong. I will go right now!"

When he saw Khanna frantically try to run towards the elevator Omkara angrily shouted.

"Stop! You are no longer needed. Go home Khanna. There better not be a next time." Omkara warned.

"Ye..Yes Boss."