Chapter 33

As the car came to a halt Omkara still felt so much anger inside. He didn't know if it was all the alcohol he had consumed or because he blamed himself for even letting Gauri out of his site for just a minute but all he knew right now was he had failed her tonight. He had promised to keep her safe and protect her but in the end she had to experience the worse. Every time he would close his eyes he would see that man on top of her and that was enough to send him into a rage. If it wasn't because she was still leaning on his shoulder at this minute he would have went back to find those men to vent out his anger.

"We are home."

When Gauri heard those words her eyes once again opened. Even if she even tried to rest it was impossible. If it wasn't for Dilpreet scooping her up into his arms and taking her out of there Gauri didn't know if she would have been strong enough to walk out herself. She hated that she was unable to shake off what had just happened and it was hurting to think that if she said a single word right now she would breakdown in front of everyone. Then suddenly she felt his comforting shoulder pull away and her hands quickly grabbed on to him.

"It's okay. We are here. I'll take you inside."

Despite the bloody stains all over his mask and his clothing Gauri could only see the warmth in his eyes as he stretched out his hand to grab onto her. But when her hand involuntarily shook as she reached out to him his dark eyes became cold.

"I...must be...still...a..."

His hand pulled her so quickly out of the car that the minute the cool night air hit her face she shivered but it didn't take long for him to wrap her body with his jacket.

"You don't need to explain anything to me Gauri. Go inside and drink something warm...wash up and rest afterwards. Do not think of anything else okay?"

With his warm hand cupping one side of her face Gauri was afraid that if she stood there any longer her tears would start to fall. So in the end she could only manage a nod and swiftly followed Bhavya inside the house. Once he could no longer see her figure Omkara took out his phone.

"Khanna."

Meanwhile Riddhima and Ishana finally arrived at the police station and was escorted to a room to file a report and later on point out the perpetrators. When they were finally left alone for a few minutes Riddhima reminded Ishana that their story had to be the same and that no matter what those men said they would have to deny it all.

"Do not worry Ishana. The pictures are deleted so there is no trail linking back to us. We just need to make sure they are locked up tonight and I will find someone to take care of them."

"Wha...what do you mean take care of them?"

Riddhima had a very scary grin on her face that Ishana was too afraid to even hear the answer to her question.

"With money you can get anyone to do anything. Especially people that are already in here. If we don't silence them we are done for! Do you understand?! You are in the same boat as me now so you better not mess this up or you will rot in jail!"

It was too late for regrets now because Ishana knew that Riddhima was right. Even if they were to get caught Riddhima would most likely just get a slap on the wrist due to her parents status whereas her she had nothing. Worse case scenario they would even pin everything on her and so she had no choice but to do whatever Riddhima says and so when the officers returned to the room she did exactly that. It took one hour for the men to be arrested and only 10 minutes for Riddhima to arrange a deal with people that were already locked up for graver crimes. Ishana shook at how rich people dealt with things and reminded herself that she needed to be careful now that she was in cahoots with Riddhima. A vindictive woman like her could clearly do anything to get what she wants and Ishana was not going to be the one in her way. So once the officer allowed them to leave Ishana hurriedly hailed a cab to return home.