Chapter 46

Omkara could barely keep his eyes open but thankfully his mind was filled with Gauri. He couldn't help but smile whenever he thought of her soft warm lips pressing against his. His dark eyes deepened as he remembers how sweet she tasted. Even this bitter coffee could not mask her addictive taste that still lingers inside his mouth.

"OM! Are you even listening to me? She is very mad at me this time! Tomorrow you will help me!"

Furrowing his brows in annoyance as he was pulled away from his daze Omkara grinned angrily at his pitiful cousin.

"Why are you laughing? Are you enjoying this?!"

"How can I not laugh? Seeing you dig your own grave is quite amusing and here I thought you had experience with women. Thankfully I did not seek out your advice, if not I would probably being lying in a pit right now."

With a confuse look on his face Rudra tried to think hard as to why his plan would not work.

"What do you mean? What's wrong with my plan? All women would soften after seeing such extravagant gifts!"

"During these pass few hours all you could think about is how you could solve your problems with money. You do this and I guarantee you will become single again."

Listening to Omkara's words Rudra felt that it made sense. Bhavya made it clear that she was very angry at him for lying about his identity. Her words still echoed in his ears. "Did you think that my feelings would not be sincere because of your status?! Did you think I would be with you because you are super rich?!! Playing me for a fool all this time was it fun?! Now that I know you are rich do you still trust me? You don't need to answer that! I would definitely use you for your status and money!! I will climb you to be a rich lady!! So you better just end it now...."

Rudra threw his tired body of the kitchen counter as he regrets not telling Bhavya sooner.

"What should I do? She is so mad at me but...I don't want to lose her."

Omkara could see his cousin's eyes looking for an answer as he stared at him helplessly but although things were going well with Gauri he was still a novice.

"Don't look at me like that. If I knew I would have told you before you brewed the second pot of coffee."

"Why are you so useless! All you know how to do is brag about how well things are going for you."

Hearing those words only made Omkara's lips rise at the corners.

"You! You! You can still gloat at a time like this?! I disown you Om!"

Clearing his throat Om knew he had to help Rudra but not because he owed him but rather for his own selfish reason. However, you can't really blame him. He is a businessman and doing things to benefit himself has been carved deep into his bones. Bhavya is the only friend that Gauri has and if he could help Rudra mend this he would always have this bridge that directly takes him to his Gauri.

"Calm down. Give her a few days. Let me talk to Gauri to see how to handle this. Most likely she is talking to Bhavya now. Your only hope now is my Gauri so if you still want to disown me...."

Rudra immediately perked up and ran to massage Omkara's shoulder. "What? You know that I am joking. How can I disown you? We are practically brothers."

"It would only make sense if the brother with more power has the ability use disowning as a threat. When you do it of course it would have to be a joke."

Rudra had to tightly shut his lips after enduring Omkara's poisonous tongue.

********************************

When Gauri entered the house she could already see Bhavya wrapping her arms around her knees as she shrunk herself on the couch.

"Bhavya....."

Gauri's heart ached seeing Bhavya's red eyes. It was clear that she had exhausted all of her tears.

"Ga...Gauri..."

Her voice was hoarse and weak but she still got up to find solace in her friend's arms.

"Gauri...it hurts...hurts so much...."

"I know. I know."

With Gauri's gentle strokes on her back Bhavya finally calmed down. Seeing this Gauri quickly made his a cup of warm tea to ease her throat.

"Sip on this."

The hot liquid rushing down her throat felt comforting but in the end it only provided her with more tears.

"I told him it was over."

Gauri could tell that by saying those words it was very painful for Bhavya. Her tears suddenly rolled down her cheeks as her voice trembled in regret.

"I see."

"Do...Do you think...."

"Does it matter what I think? Or does it matter what you really think?"

"What do you mean what I think? I told you. I said it was over."

Gauri smiles at her best friend as she refills her teacup.

"The worse thing you could do is lie to yourself. Self punishment is the most cruelest thing you could do Bhavya. It could end up being a lifetime sentence that you have given yourself."

"But he lied to me! Do you know why he hid his identity? He was afraid that I would go out with him for his money! Am I such a person?! Fine! I can understand him lying at the beginning but we have been together for so long! He should know me by now! What excuse can he have by still lying?!"

Bhavya's anger was growing more and more but Gauri still sat there calmly.

"I know why."

Although Bhavya was angry but hearing those words made her heart jump but this only made her hate herself. Even now she was hoping there was a good reason for her to forgive Rudra.

"Why?"

Gauri sips on her warm tea and set it slowly down on the table.

"Fear."

"Fear?"

"When a person lies in the beginning it is easy but when that lie becomes the one thing that could force you to lose what you love most it makes that person afraid. I am not saying what Rudra did was right but just stating the reason."

Bhavya's mind was in chaos right now. She didn't know if she should be angry for the lie or angry at Rudra for being stupid.

"So you think I should forgive him? But...."

"I don't think anything. I don't know how much he loves you. Only you do. The only thing I could do is remind you that regretting for a lifetime is unbearable. If you are asking me if you should forgive that only tells me that you have already done so."

Gauri grabs Bhavya's trembling hands to calm her down. "You don't need anyone's opinions. You do what makes your heart at ease."

"But I am so angry at him Gauri. How can I forgive him so easily?!"

When Bhavya heard Gauri chuckling she was even more embarrassed.

"Don't laugh Gauri..."

"Okay. Forgiving him is your choice but I agree that it shouldn't be given so easily."

Bhavya's eyes brighten "What do you mean? How can I teach him a lesson?"

Gauri pulls her into her bedroom where the real dress for the commercial hung.

"Be my model."

**Sorry guys for the wait and not replying. I have been super super busy and was afraid to reply and give false hope. Do understand. Hope you guys enjoyed this update.**