Chapter 24

It wasn't enough that she hardly got any sleep last night but to see Ajay standing in front of her now truly dampened her mood.

"So how's it going with the dress Gauri? Need any help?"

"It's fine. Aren't you busy trying to find the right model for my dress?"

She could sense Ajay following behind her closely as she walks towards the coffee counter.

"That is the very reason I waited for you here. I wanted to talk about the dress to see who would be perfect for it."

This time around Gauri didn't feel that Ajay was trying to find a reason to get close to her but in fact he seem to be very serious. "It must have been the Boss's words the other day that had made an impact." Gauri thought to herself. But then again she had to remind herself that he could have waited till the office hours where they would be in a working environment instead of waiting here in this very coffee shop.

"I think it's best for me to finish the dress so that you can see it in person. I think only then will you be able to picture the perfect model for it. I mean it's pointless to describe it when you also have a copy of the design."

Grabbing her cup of hot coffee Gauri heads towards a table next to the window like always but every time her peace and quiet was interrupted by Ajay she couldn't help but frown as she sips on her cup.

"Don't forget about tomorrow Gauri. How about I pick you up. We are going to dinner first at an italian restaurant. How does 5 sound?"

Ajay really didn't care about finding a model for this commercial since he had so many beautiful models on his contact list. All he really wanted was to make sure that Gauri still remembered about the get together tomorrow.

"Thanks but I have a ride. Just let me know which restaurant and I will be there with my friend at 5."

"Oh...I forgot you were bringing a friend. Do you mind telling me who?" asked a curious Ajay.

"Does it matter?" Gauri coldly replied.

Scratching the back of his head in embarrassment Ajay did not want to seem like such a busy body. "Of course not. The more the merrier." The last thing he wanted was to be on Gauri's bad side just a day before tomorrow. This was going to be his chance to get closer to her and maybe with a couple of drinks Gauri would be able to relax around him. Just the thought of her in his arms on the dance floor was enough to make his mind run wild.

"Well it's time. I'll see you at work."

Gauri saw Ajay snap out of his trance as he almost tumbled out of his chair but what was odd was instead of following her towards the door he just waved goodbye.

"I'll catch up with you later." said a nervous Ajay.

He waited till she left the coffee shop to shift to the corner so that no one could see his excited "little brother." "Shit..I really need to stop fantasizing in broad day light." Ajay laughed at himself inwardly.

Gauri on the other hand felt relieved that she at least will have a peaceful walk to the company until she heard Ishana call out to her.

"Gauri! Gauri wait up." yelled Ishana.

When Gauri turned around she was a bit surprise to see what Ishana was wearing to work. Of course they work for a fashion company but it didn't take much to shift from classy to trashy and here Ishana had shifted. With her sleeveless light pink chiffon shirt and a low cut neckline that showcased her pushed up breasts and a tight white skirt that was too short for comfort. Not to mention the 4 inch pink heels that looked very painful to wear.