Chapter - 10

Happy reading, honey buns!

Ekantha felt the day was indeed a happy day at the end of the day. She walked into her home and looked back to him to find he was still playing with his hands on the steering wheel and looking some other side while whistling slowly. She smiled and he turned towards her side. She quickly averted her gaze and opened door and entered in, she could feel his gaze on her. She quickly closed the door and entered the living room.

"Dear, are you back? I was so worried for you. Where is your phone?",Kanyaka asked.

"I was out with Abhimanyu amma, network coverage wasn't there that's the reason I couldn't take your call",she said.

"Oh, that's nice! You both are spending some time together",she said and smiled.

"Amma, can you cook gulab jamun for him? He said he loves it",she asked and her mother raised her eyebrows.

"Of course why not? After Vennela you asked me to cook something for someone, when are you meeting him again?",her mother asked.

"Tomorrow morning amma",she said.

"Tell him to come home for dinner tomorrow, I'll make his favorite",she said and Ekantha hugged her.

"You're the best amma, Anika didn't stay back today?",she asked.

"She has some thing to study and Dikshit wanted to chill. Your father said he is going on a trip to Mumbai and will return on Monday morning",she replied.

"Oh so basically it's you and me that's all?",she asked and her mother nodded.

" Let's have dinner together then amma",she said and both of them had dinner together.

"Amma, today can I sleep in your room?",Ekantha asked slowly.

"You don't need my permission kanna, just come already",she said.

Ekantha was a single child and many times seeing her aged people with their siblings made her feel lonely and ever since she got her own room, it was more lonely. Practically her world was only limited to the four walls. She wasn't comfortable with people's presence but loved spending time with herself.

In the process of spending time with herself she became her best friend and worst enemy. Her overthinking started from her teens and unfortunately she wasn't able to open up to anyone. There were days when she cried her heart out, only the pillows know the stories when she wasn't able to sleep for nights.

The major thing which affected her was body shaming by relatives. She hated when there were any family functions and she hated them most when her parents kept mum at the relative's judgements. It pushed her more and more into shell, she felt the walls in her room actually did built walls between her and her parents. She hates their touch, and words and everything that reminds them about the old things. There were many things which she even hid from her mother as well.