Chapter - 14

Happy reading, honey buns!

Abhi reached home and parked his car in the space in front of his home. He knocked the door and removed his shoes and kept them in the shoe stand. Meanwhile Mayuri opened the door and went back to sit on the couch while studying something. Abhi came inside and sat on the couch too. 

"Which side did the sun rise from today?",he said sarcastically and Mayuri glared at him. 

"Oh my dear brother, did you forget that also? It did rise from the side it will rise daily",she said and got back to her studies. 

"Mayu,whenever some unusual things happen, sun will rise from west also. Today you are studying and that is something unusual so just asking which side did the sun rise from",he said and both of them started hitting each other. 

"Oh goodness, you both started. Move away and sit in the corners. You continue studying, Abhi you go freshen up and come we will talk",Vishalakshi said and Abhi stuck his tongue out teasing Mayu and before she could respond he ran away to his room. 

As soon as he came into his room, he opened his phone and texted Ekantha that he reached home. Her name was changed from Miss. Ekantha to  My Ammu. 

The message was delivered and he kept his phone aside and was taking his clothes to freshen up. A notification sound came and he rushed to take his phone back as expected it was from Ekantha. 

Ammu 
Good! Have your dinner and then text me. I'll look at my notes which I took in my office today :) 

Me[Abhi]
Okay Ammu! :)

He quickly went to freshen up and then went to living room and settled down beside his mother.

"Mayu, Need to talk to maa. You go study in your room",he said and she nodded. 

"Okayy!",she said and walked into her room with a pile of books in her hands.

"So,what did Ekantha say Kanna?",she asked eagerly. 

"Maa,we need some more time",he said. 

"Abhi dear, we can't take more long time than this",she said. 

"Maa, I really want to see our compatibility before we get into life time companionship. I admit I don't know what future holds for us. We might have to be divorced or we aren't meant to be each other's as well but give us some more time maa. We are just starting to get to know each other it's better to take precautions than suffering later isn't it maa?",he said. 

"You are right dear,but I can't give you more time than a week more. I am not a person who takes in taunts of society but I don't want my kids to get affected by them as well",she said and patted his cheek gently. 

"Maa, we met a week ago and tell me if you will get Mayu married if she says she loves someone from two weeks?",he asked. 

"Of course I wouldn't!",she said.