Chapter - 23

Happy reading, honey buns!

"What time is it?",Ekantha asked.

"Almost 3,yeah quarter to 3. Why do you ask though?",Anika asked.

"Cover up for me, I'll be back soon",she said and rushed to the washroom.

She needed to go somewhere, somewhere away from here to think. She decided where she wanted to go.

She changed into a white salwaar suit, she came out and put the dupatta on her shoulder and gave one last look to Anika who was standing there all surprised and shocked.

Ekantha never did something like this, all the time she saw Ekantha being aloof if some problem comes and thinking about it negatively. It scared Anika, what if she is trying to go and-

No no, Ekantha might be an over thinker and an insecure soul but she would never take any such decision. She said to herself.

"Atleast tell where you are going, Ekantha. You are scaring me",Anika said.

"Nowhere risky, don't worry I'll be back. I just need some space. This",she looked around the room and made an uncomfortable face.

"This feels like I am somewhere in a place which is just so closely packed and suffocating. I will be safe don't worry",Ekantha said.

Anika pulled her into a hug, Ekantha froze. She remember Abhi and her, about them the previous night.

"I don't care where you go as long as you find it peaceful enough to breathe and stay but just take care, okay?",Anika said pulling herself away.

Ekantha nodded and jumped from the window into her garden and dusted her hands which had dust. She got up to find Dikshit there.

"Are you going somewhere?",he asked and Anika peeped out of the window.

"Dikshit, you come here! I will tell you",Anika whisper yelled so that nobody would hear them.

"I am coming, but Ekantha",he said and Anika just signalled him to shut up and come in the home.

Dikshit went in and Ekantha slowly escaped out. She walked for fifteen minutes and finally reached the place she wanted to be there.

It was the garden beside the temple. There were so many birds sitting in various places all round the garden, chirping.

A small smile escaped from her lips. A quite genuine one though.

She sat on the bench and one of the birds came and sat on the steps.