Chapter - 18

Happy reading, honey buns!

"Are you serious? But it's already late and I don't think you should do this. It's not safe",he said sounding worried.

"Fine then, watch me eating this",she said and moaned after taking a piece of gulab jamun and keeping it in her mouth.

"Ugh, Ekantha you are making it tough for me",he groaned.

"Never mind, so how was your day?",she asked.

"Well, hectic? Hell yes! It's peak time and we got one more event",he said.

"That's a good news isn't it? You are expanding and isn't what you wanted?",she asked.

"Well that's true but I am kind of nervous, my dream is to take this start up to a small company at least and this is one of the steps towards it",he said and she hmmed.

"And you don't want another important step in your life to be taken now?",she asked.

"No, it's not like that. I am worried if I would be able to take all the responsibilities together and manage them",he said thinking deeply.

"It's not that we have to get married now, and I know you are worried about us",she said.

"It's not just about us, I would have to do some extra courses, hire some more people. As of now they're all my friends and they were with me since the start of my start up. In fact they're all my partners who supported my idea. I need to talk to them and more stuff, I am afraid we'll get very less time and you might get irritated",he was blabbering thinking something deeply.

"Overthinking, aren't you?",she asked chuckling.

"Am I? I don't know. I really don't know what to do and what will result in what",he said and sighed.

"You need to stop overthinking first, that's not going to help at any cost but ruin your inner peace. You need to calm down, figure out your way of dealing this and go with flow",she said with a small smile and before he could reply the screen went off.

Ekantha's POV

Oh god! Did he get angry for what I said? Maybe he was upset and my words were of no help. Did I speak way too much? I should have stayed in my limits. Why do I always do this? I always cross my limits. Maybe we were still not into that phase. Maybe I entered into his zone which I didn't have any right to

When Ekantha was lost in her own thoughts her phone buzzed. She opened the text from Abhi.

Abhi 😊
Hey, Sorry didn't notice my laptop was low on charge. It got switched off, will call you now? Or wait you better rest. You've work tomorrow and I am kind of tired too. Good night Ammu.

She breathed in relief when she saw the text but her thoughts had more control on her than her heart. They were that powerful to rise her till the best Or kick her into something she would never be able to overcome from.