Chapter - 25

Happy Reading, honey buns! **not proofread and not edited **

**not proofread and not edited **

Ekantha got up at 5am quite late from her usual routine, she felt like sleeping more but she had work today and she can't afford to take more leaves after yesterday.

Quickly she freshened up and was dressed in her formals as always. She came out of her room and went into the pooja room.

"God, Give me the strength to face everything that I have to. Bless me with strength, courage and confidence",she prayed and lit the diya.

She went back to her room, and started arranging her office essentials in her bag. She looked up for one last check in front of the mirror.

You should walk 2 kms a day, it will help

You should eat phulka instead of rice, it will help

She took a deep breath and put the bag on her shoulder and went to the living room. Her father and mother were there.

"Kanna, are you off to office? Come, breakfast is ready",her mother called.

"Yes amma, please pack it for me. I need to go to school quickly. I will have it when I have free time",she said to which Kanyaka nodded.

"Why? Couldn't you wake up early in the morning and have your breakfast and go to work, Ekantha? Just because-",he was going to say something more but his phone disturbed his flow and he excused himself to take the call.

In the mean time, Kanyaka packed both breakfast and lunch for Ekantha and gave it to her.

"I am leaving to office, amma. Take care! I'll see you in the evening. Do you want anything from outside?",Ekantha said.

"Nope, travel safe dear. Bye",she said and saw her off till the gate.

Ekantha drove her scooty to her school. Since it was school time, she was getting struck in traffic but somehow managed to reach just in time.

She rushed into the office and marked in the attendance register. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around to see Asmita standing with a serious face.

"Good morning, Ekantha",Asmita wished her.

"Go..Good morning, Asmita",she wished her and gave her a nervous smile.

"Ekantha I just wanted to tell you that you can't take work from home nor leaves any time sooner. You just joined the job and this is no way will represent professional behavior. Just because you are being promoted as some other departments in such a short time, you should not be doing this. Such uninformed leaves will not be entertained, remember",Asmita said strictly to which Ekantha nodded.

Ekantha walked to her cabin and looked around to find nobody else there.

She put her bag aside and took a deep breathe and gave herself a pep talk to face this.