Chapter - 38

Happy reading honey buns!

Hearing her shaky voice, Abhi who was laying in the bed got up quickly.

"Ammu? Where are you? Are you okay? What happened?",he was worried and scared just in the thought that she might be in some trouble.

"Abhii.. I.. I got",her sniffing wasn't helping her in speaking.

"Ammu, send me your location I am coming there right now",he said.

"N.. No please! I am just happy that I got a job of my preference finally",she said and sobbed more and more.

Abhi was puzzled at her words. What did she mean by that?

"I didn't get you, what?",he asked getting ready to go out to her.

"Abhi all my life, I did what my father asked me to just so that he would be proud of me one day and today, I got a job which I like. I can't tell you how happy that makes me",she said amidst her sobs.

When Abhi realised it was the happy tears or more precisely tears of achieving something on her own, he got his peace back.

"Abhi?",she said and checked if her phone got disconnected.

"I'm here, I'm here, Ammu! Shouldn't we be celebrating this moment? I am so happy for you",he said and she wiped her tears.

"We will celebrate when I get my salary, Abhi. Now you are sick and you should be resting till you get well. I'll meet you in the weekend and tell you what job I got, till then let it be suspense for you",she said putting her bag over her shoulder and walking to the bus stop to catch a bus back to Vennela's home.

"Yaar, Ammu! That's very unfair, anyways I guess the wait will be worth it and no matter what job you got, that is making you happy and that's all that should matter",he said.

"I am starting to believe in the same thing, Abhi",she said.

"You don't know what a heart attack I got when I heard you cry, if only I had super powers or doreomon's anywhere door, I would be there right in front of you",he said.