nineteen

Grinning, the witch pushes Klaus away from her and rises from the armchair.
"I would love to keep going, but we have work to do.
I want Rebekah back," she interrupts their makeout session and adjusts her skirt.
Klaus watches her with lust filled eyes and licks his lips once before putting his shirt back on.
"If this is my reward, you'll have Rebekah back sooner than you can think," he tells her and she smiles in satisfaction.

As of yet, she can't tell if she wants more from Klaus and Stefan than just a physical relationship.
But Rebekah is definitely more to her.
From the beginning, she knew the blonde was special and she would choose Rebekah over either man if that was what was asked of her.
"We'll see," Amelia replies and Klaus pulls his cell phone out of his pocket.

"Elena Gilbert has news about the coffins.
With a little luck, we'll have my sister back by tonight," Klaus announces, and Amelia's smile almost disappears from her face.
How can Elena suddenly have information about the coffins?
Certainly not from Stefan, because he feels absolutely nothing for her right now.
But Bonnie told her about the dreams and today Jeremy almost died.
So who is Elena going to run to?
Right, to Bonnie.

"Wait here, love" Klaus adds before making his way to Elena.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

An hour later, Amelia is lying on Klaus' bed, when she hears the front door open.
It could be one of the many hybrids, but a feeling deep inside her knows Rebekah is back.
Excited, she gets up from the bed and walks down to the room where Klaus was talking to Tyler earlier.
As she enters the room, her heart tightens painfully.
Rebekah is lying on a table in front of Klaus.
Her skin is an unnatural gray color and covered in veins.
A red dress hugs her curves and her mother's necklace hangs around her neck.

A few tears gather in Amelia's eyes as she silently stands next to Klaus.
In her eyes, Rebekah is still as beautiful as ever, but she hates to see her like this.
"Here we are, Rebekah. Home sweet home.
Only took a thousand years...and to think I was counting on you being here with me.
But that's all ruined now, isn't it? Now that Elena has exposed my biggest lie," Klaus says sadly and they both watch one of Rebekah's fingers move slightly.
"She's going to leave you behind when she wakes up"

"I know and I can't let her leave me.
I'm sorry," he replies, pulling Rebekah's dagger from his jacket pocket.

Amelia never thought she would develop so many feelings for Rebekah at first sight.
And yet she doesn't stop Klaus because she could never win this fight.
This way Rebekah will be safe and they can focus on their plans.
Klaus strokes his sisters cheek one last time and daggers her again.
"Sister, we'll meet again one day," he promises her and silently takes Amelia's hand in his.
Actually, he expects her to recoil from any contact with him and shout at him, but she just stares into his blue eyes.

Only one person could have daggered Rebekah, and that person is exactly the reason Klaus won't revive his sister.
This person is the reason that Amelia may never see Rebekah again.
This person is constantly endangering Bonnie.

"I want to see Elena Gilbert suffer"

Klaus smiles fascinated by the darkness in her eyes and squeezes her hand a little.
Maybe she's the one who finally accepts him for who he is after all these years.
Maybe they are more alike than they thought.

"As you wish, little witch"

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

After Klaus daggered his sister again, he and Amelia kept silent.
They didn't talk or flirt and most of the time they couldn't even look each other in the eye.
Both needed space to think.
That's why the witch left him at the mansion and is on her way home.
However, since Tyler gave her a ride in his car earlier today, she has to walk to her house.
Klaus has offered to have a hybrid drive her, but she has declined, as she just wants time to herself.

On her walk through town, she breathes in the fresh evening air and takes a closer look at nature.
Mystic Falls is a beautiful small town, but its population will cause its demise.
Amelia wouldn't be surprised if the town eventually went up in flames.
With the Scooby Gang and Elena as a danger magnet, even an alien invasion would make sense.

To distract herself from these thoughts, the witch takes her cell phone and reads through the countless text messages from her one night stand.
She never actually intended to hook up with her ex-boyfriend's father, but he's been flirting with her for two years and she needed to relieve stress at the time.
Will she go to hell for this?
Probably, but she's already made peace with that.

Its just that he picked the worst possible moment to contact her now.
She already has interest in three different people and is trying to ruin the Gilbert family.
Getting Bonnie out of town is no longer her only goal.
She wants revenge for the way her cousin and their ancestors were treated by the people of Mystic Falls.
And the Gilberts are at the top of her list.
She also wants to free Bonnie from the clutches of the ancestors.

"Your mother told me that you are no longer in LA"

With a roll of her eyes, Amelia types her first response to the twenty-plus messages.

"Visiting the fam. Think of it as a break from the toxic vibes that surrounded me.
Chris, we had our thing and it's over.
That's what we agreed on and Jay is sticking to it, so you should too"

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Being so engrossed in her message, she doesn't even realize she's standing just one house away from the Gilberts.
Only when she hears two familiar voices does she look up and hide behind the neighbor's fence to listen.

Elena and Damon are standing on the porch of the house, talking quietly.
At first Amelia doesn't notice anything interesting, but then the vampire mentions a few things that could be useful in the future.
That's why Amelia opens her phone camera and films the conversation over the garden fence.

She now has a tape of Elena admitting to asking Damon to compel Jeremy.
They also talk about Stefan and to finish it off Damon kisses the doppelgänger.
Amelia almost does a happy dance as she now has material to use for blackmail if it becomes necessary.

In a better mood, she takes a detour to her house.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

AN: What do you guys like more?
The length of this chapter (about 1100 words (+/-)) or shorter ones or longer chapters