one hundred and one

The door to the room opens and the dark-haired Salvatore vampire enters the room.
He can see Amelia and Jeremy lying in bed under the sheets and wrinkles his nose in disgust.

When he returned from burying the body, the moans of the two could be heard throughout the house and he was sure his ears would start bleeding.
However, when they still hadn't finished after an hour, he began to think of ways to break his own neck.
Fortunately for him, the noise level went down soon after and he was able to drown his memories in a bottle of bourbon.

As quietly as possible, he heads for Amelia's half of the bed and sits down on the edge of the mattress.
Only seconds later, her eyes open and her hand shoots up to strangle the intruder.
Damon catches her hand fast enough and she stops struggling as soon as she recognizes his face in the dark.
"What the hell are you doing in here?" she asks him quietly, looking at the alarm clock on the nightstand.
"It's four in the morning, Damon"

The vampire leans forward, then whispers something in her ear.
Her eyes widen in surprise before she rolls them.
Annoyed, she pushes Damon's head away from her ear.
"You can't lecture me about my dating choices when you're the worse of the two of us," she grumbles and he raises an eyebrow.
"I'll ask again. Why are you here?"

Damon nods his head in Jeremy's direction.
"I need to borrow your lover. I have a mission for him," he replies and Amelia points to the back of her hand in confusion.
Damon can't see the tattoo, but he nods anyway.
Annoyed by his answer, the witch drops her head back into the pillow and takes a deep breath.
"Is Klaus involved?"
Damon nods again and the witch sits up, holding the sheet to her bare chest as she does so.
"Go get Matt.
Jeremy and I will meet you at the car," she says and Damon nods before leaving the room at vampire speed.

Suddenly, a muscular arm wraps around her and Amelia looks at Jeremy, who sleepily snuggles up to her.
"What's wrong?" he asks in his deep morning voice.
"We've got to get up. Your training starts soon," Amelia says and the Gilbert boy slowly opens his eyes.
"Are you coming?" he asks hopefully, looking at her with puppy eyes.
"If that's what you want"
With a sleepy grin Jeremy sits up and kisses Amelia on the forehead.

"I always want you with me"

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Damon parks his car in front of a bar in the next town and Amelia looks out the window.
"Zanadew Lounge," she reads the glowing nameplate, then looks at her friend.
The vampire just shrugs but she suspects he knows more than he's letting on.
"Let's go inside," Matt says and the four of them get out of the car.
Together they head for the bar and Jeremy wraps a protective arm around Amelia's waist once they're inside.

Music plays softly and all the bar's patrons lie unmoving spread out around the room.
Matt stares at the bodies in horror and Amelia walks to Klaus who is sitting at the bar and pouring himself a drink.

"I was beginning to worry you wouldn't find the place," Klaus says and Amelia glares at him.
"You're a sick man. Do you know that?" she tells him angrily and he shrugs.
"Did you kill all these people?" Matt asks in disbelief.
"Not exactly. They're in transition"
He then looks at Jeremy and smirks.
"Killing them is your job," he reveals and Amelia groans in annoyance.
She wanted a few hours of no drama and now she has to find a way out of this situation without dying or losing someone she cares about.

Both Jeremy and Matt look at Damon.
"You said you were going to convince Klaus to do this another way!" Jeremy accuses Damon and the Salvatore shrugs.
"Well, I thought about it and then I realized his idea was better"
Klaus smiles triumphantly and Jeremy stares at Damon in disbelief.