forty seven

Amelia spent the rest of the day packing her stuff and talking to Finn.
He wasn't happy about her upcoming departure, but he tried to enjoy their last moments together.
"I'm not dying, Finn. No need to be dramatic"
That's what she told him when he started pouting like a little kid.
Amelia had to laugh at his behavior.
Finn was actually very funny and likeable when he wasn't having suicidal thoughts.
That's what the witch told him, too.

Finn swore he hasn't felt that much happiness and relaxation in almost all his life.
The Bennett witch only spent one day with him and he was starting to develop feelings of deep respect for her.
She made him smile and tried to teach him about modern things.
Amelia even let him rant about his frustration and tried to give some advice.
He also thinks that she is the first one to even acknowledge that he is suicidal and has been almost all his life.

Finn doesn't understand the psychology of this century very well but he considers talking to somebody to get better.
Maybe he could fall in love again or just enjoy a century or even a decade on his own before he decides if he wants to keep living or not.
With a friend like Amelia life couldn't be that bad.

It would be hard with his siblings around and he still loves his mother very much, but he is willing to try.
"Would your mother die for you?" or "Have you ever lived for yourself? Were you ever just Finn? Not Finn Mikaelson, a original vampire, son of Mikael and Esther or the boring brother?" are questions that made him rethink things.
The answer is always no, even though he would never admit that.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

The bathroom door opens and Finn smiles at Amelia.
She's now wearing a sundress with matching heels and jewelry.
"You look beautiful, Ms. Bennett"
"Thank you, Finn. But you can call me by my name, you know?
You don't have to be so formal," she tells him and he frowns in confusion.
"I was raised to be polite"
By who? Certainly not by Mikael and Esther isn't even polite herself.

"And growing up and maturing allows us to see past all the things our parents told us when we were kids.
It could be right or what they said could be wrong. We have to find it out ourselves," she explains and he blinks a few times before he suddenly stands opposite of her.
Amelia flinches a bit but smiles nevertheless.

"You are a Bennett witch, a powerful at that. I should honor that.
It's what's right," he disagrees.
"It makes me feel old...and isn't that disrespectful? To make a lady feel old?"
Finn thinks for a moment before he smiles, shyly.
"It is, Ms. Amelia," he replies and she sighs with a smile.
She doesn't think he'll get any more informal.

"I'll accept that.
Let's go. I'm taking you out on a 21th century date"

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Damon drives towards the bridge and sees Rebekah standing in front of a bonfire of the wood from the white oak tree.
He stops the car and gets out, slamming the door in frustration.
"Your grand plans always seem to get ruined, don't they?
Sorry to disappoint you. Again," the original vampire taunts him and leaves him to watch the wood burn.
Damon turns around and sees Sage by his car.
"You set me up," he accuses her.
"No. I'm just looking out for myself" Damon walks over to her.
"I told you I'd save your creepy boyfriend!" he yells in her face and she rolls her eyes.

"And you lied to me, Damon!
The Originals are linked, if one dies they all die.
If I can get inside her head, don't you think I'd be able to get inside yours?!"

Damon rushes toward Sage and grabs her by the throat, pushing her against his car.
"I should end you"
"I'm 900 years old, Damon. You're not capable of ending me," she replies, pushes Damon off of her and throws him down onto the hood of his car.
"Do you really think that I would risk Finn's life for one of your petty revenge fantasies?" she asks the Salvatore vampire and walks up and gets in her face.