03 - annoying

HIS EYES SHOT DARTS AT YOU, staring at your every move. You tried to ignore it as you continued to sweep the club's floor. But he just sipped his juice box and stood right next to you, like he wanted you to know he was looking at you. So you stopped sweeping and crossed your arms; the broom was still stuck behind your elbow. "Yes," you said, very sternly, just between your teeth.

aomine squinted his eyes while still sipping his juice box. But finally, and I mean finally, he pulled away from it. "You're just like... every other girl," he stated very weirdly.

You were about to snap back, but you realized you looked like a housemaid from the 1950s with that scarf. It's not your fault that Imayoshi asked that of you, which was awfully weird, by the way. "And you're like every other asshole." You stared back.

It quickly turned into a staring contest; not one person spoke back to the other. Well, not until "asshat." You rolled your eyes and again began to sweep the floor.

A ball was thrown, hitting the broom out of your hands, so you just left it that way. "Sorry, y/n," Wakamatsu apologized to you very loudly. "Aomine." His tone turned darker. "Will you attend the practice match we have on Wednesday?"

Aomine shook his head. "can't. "I have a long shift that day." He declined and threw his juice box into the trash, acting like it was a hoop and the drink was the ball.

Wakamatsu walked away after that statement, not really wanting him there in the first place. "A shift?" you widened your eyes teasingly. "Say, where's the place you work a "shift" in?"

Aomine gave you the side eye and tugged on that one strap hanging off of his shoulder. "What do you want, Cinderella?" He crossed his arms in suspicion.

You grabbed the broom innocently and acted nonchalantly while holding it. "Oh, nothing," you shook your head with a sly smile. "I just thought... that since you bother me while I work, how about I do the same to you?"

Aomine squinted his eyes and stayed silent for a second before he spoke, "Okay then. memorize it. "It's really hard." He told you as you nodded eagerly. "alright. it's s-u-c-k-m-y-d-i-c-k."

You realized it halfway through, but you didn't want to show him your evident anger, so you smiled in response. "Wow, I didn't know you had one," you said in fake surprise. "Or that you could spell." You grabbed your broom and left, smiling as if anger wasn't fuming out of your ears.

--

Wednesday arrived in an instant, and Aomine, just like he said, hadn't arrived for the practice match. As usual, you guys won by a landslide and were celebrating your victory in the coach's office. They sent you to buy some "celebratory snacks," which wasn't a phrase at all. but the people in the club have been saying it more and more often. They also asked Sakurai, the human definition of an anxiety attack, to call you and tell you what they all wanted. "And Imayoshi wants some..." Sakurai started to trail off in anxiousness.

"Sakurai, I cannot hear you." You held the phone close to your ear, hoping you would catch a few of his nervous words.

But it seemed like Imayoshi grabbed the phone from Sakurai in a "heroic" act. "I got this." Imaiyoshi "calmed him down" even though he started all this himself. "I want some store-bought ramen. and Kosuke (Wakamatsu) wants an energy drink." He calmly said

You furrowed your brows in confusion. "An energy drink?" you asked him. because wakamatsu is literally energy in human form, so an energy drink? "Why would Wakamatsu, of all people, want an energy drink?"

Imaiyoshi snorted, "I don't know. He says that he feels kind of tired lately." He said, and you laughed, completely ignoring the defensive yells of Wakamatsu in the background. "And just this week, he threw a basketball at a cart, and it broke into pieces. but nevertheless, he feels tired."