22 - devil

"DAMN IT. HOW THE HELL IS THE PARK SO FULL?" Kise asked, panting and scanning the area for an empty bench. He and Aomine had just come back from a streetball game and were absolutely famished. Instead of heading home, they had decided to take a break at a nearby park to replenish their energy. However, their plan seemed to be falling apart.

All the benches were occupied either by families or other teams, and it appeared as if all hope was lost. But then, Aomine's eyes landed on a particular bench where a certain someone was sitting. He smirked mischievously and said, "Come on. I found us a perfect seat." Kise couldn't help but feel a bit apprehensive. Aomine smiling for something that wasn't related to basketball was a rarity and usually meant trouble. Nevertheless, Kise followed him.

You were sitting peacefully, enjoying some solitude when suddenly, a handsome guy and the personification of mischief settled down beside you. "Oh my god," you uttered, placing your head in your hands in despair. You didn't even have to turn around; you already knew it was him. "From the bottom of my heart, Ace, please—please get a life."

Aomine rolled his eyes in response. "Jeez. Don't get your pink panties in a pretzel, Cindy. I just came here to give you a word of advice," he said, everyone and their mothers knowing that his intentions weren't innocent. Even Kise realized it, as his eyebrows furrowed upon hearing the "pink panties" line. "Every time you stalk someone, a small portion of your reputation decreases rapidly. Keep that in mind next time you go all Richard Ramirez on me."

That obnoxious man was essentially accusing you of stalking him, as if he hadn't been the one to sit next to you in the first place. "Oh, so, by that logic, your reputation is now six feet under," you replied with a forced smile, turning to Kise while letting out a sigh. "I'm sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Y/n L/n, this idiot's ex-manager."

Even with that explanation, it still didn't quite make sense why Aomine would be so close to you. It didn't add up. Especially when Aomine mouthed, 'She got kicked out,' and you hit him, Kise wondered why Aomine would allow that from a regular person. "Oh, hey, I'm Kise. I used to play on the same team as Aomine," he introduced himself, as if it wasn't obvious who he was.

And because Kise felt the need to introduce himself, Aomine once again mouthed, 'She was there at the Kaijo vs. Touou game, she was just in the stands because the coach doesn't like her.' You pinched his arm and pursed your lips tightly. "Well, it was really, really nice meeting you, Kise. I wish we could have spoken more under better conditions," you said pointedly, directing your comment at Aomine. "But I'll leave now because on my one day off from work, I don't want to spend it tiring myself with this monstrosity."

With that, you stood up, leaving Kise dumbfounded (Aomine had expected it). As you turned away from the two, your eyes landed on the most horrifying sight imaginable. It was like you had just barfed in your eyes. Because there, standing in all her glory, was the girl who worshipped the ground Aomine walked on. The bitch in bio. "Oh god. Aomine, don't turn at all," you said, your shoulders tensing as you sat back on the bench.

As expected, Aomine couldn't resist and turned around. But your quick reflexes, like those of Kung Fu Panda, grabbed him and prevented him from doing so. "Who is it?" Kise asked in a hushed tone, thinking it might be one of your exes or something.

It wasn't. To be honest, it was worse. "It's a girl who fucking worships the ground this idiot walks on. You know her, right?" you asked Aomine, but he just stared at you blankly, not following. Oh, come on. He should remember the girl who had temporarily tattooed his name on her back. But what could you expect from a guy who, for a whole year, had assumed there was only one manager in his club? "The girl who flirted with the teacher's husband?" you reminded him with a sigh.