12 - talking barnacle

TO EMPHASIZE THE IMPORTANCE OF THE CONVERSATION, you guys bought some hot cocoa from a stand not too far from you. Now, you two were walking along the snow-brimmed concrete, Aomine's nose turning into a shy shade of pink from the cold. "So, tell me, yeah?" You reminded him, taking a sip from your cup. "What are you waiting for?"

Aomine drank the hot chocolate like it was a fucking chugging contest, and then threw the waste into the bin without even looking. (It still went in, though) "I'll get to it when I get to it, jeez." He said arrogantly and your palm almost made contact with his cheek. However, you stopped yourself because you have common human decency. "You know, Kagami being your date thing was just the cherry on top."

Honestly, you kinda forgot he asked you out to the party. Kagami hung around more with Aomine than with you, honestly. "And why is that?" You asked him, with furrowed eyebrows. And then mocked a sad face. "Oh. Damn. My dearest apologies." You clicked your tongue. "Did you want him for yourself?" You asked condescendingly.

He rolled his eyes at you and "accidentally" placed his foot infront of you to topple you over. But you dodged it. "Nah, I meant something else." Aomine simply said, so you waited for him to continue. Looking at your eager gaze, he begrudgingly did so. "Well, my whole life people didn't want to play against me because I'd always win. And playing with Teiko made it even worse. Even my so and so rival didn't want to play a game with me."

It wasn't understandable how it seemed to correlate with Kagami but you were sure it had something to do with what you wanted to know about him: why he simply hated basketball. "Is that the start of you hating basketball?" You asked him and continued along the sidewalk. "Seems like it is."

"Yeah.. It kinda is." Aomine said, ending it with a sigh. If it were up to him, he would go on and on about how he felt. The wretched feeling of being absolutely and ridiculously burnt out at something you love— now that wasn't something to joke about. He couldn't tell you all that. You were the girl he hates, after all. "And your damned boyfriend was the only one who gave a shit and won against me. See how the world works, huh?"

Dumbass.

Ever since he spoke about the reason for his hatred, you've seen him in a different light. Maybe it's that he was vulnerable to you, but now you don't see the angsty, grumpy, shitty, ass-y guy you used to despise. You see a troubled person who you still despise. "If you had told me the story before, I wouldn't have hated you as much." You shrugged like you had said the nicest thing known.

A finger to your eye was his response. "C'mon. An eye for an eye." Aomine said. How about a soul for a soul? That shit seriously hurt. "You said, you'd tell me how you became a janitor at our school." Basically asking you to tell him why you don't sit at the bench at the games. An act so stupid that it wouldn't even make him consider you as a manager anymore.

It was really stupid. You didn't understand why he would want you to explain something so idiotic. "There really isn't much of a reasoning behind it, ace." You tried to reason with him but he still urged you to continue. "The day I asked the coach to be the manager, he asked me if I had any special skills. I told him I had none except for the fact that I can clean. He told me he'd let me, but if I didn't create any advantage on the court, I shouldn't be allowed there."

Aomine seemed baffled to say the least. He looked at you as if you just told him Victoria's secret out in the open. "Is that why he lets Satsuki on the court? Because she gives us intel or some shit?" He asked you, so you nodded, placing one foot in front of the other. Aomine scoffed, "That pretty prick."