14 - stubborn meathead

TOUOU PLAYED A PRACTICE MATCH AGAINST KIRISAKI DAIICHI. And man, did they seem like they came out of the great war. The members went in the game looking well and fine and left the game as if they endured a beating of a lifetime. Especially Aomine.

At first, the members of the opposing team didn't know how to respond well to your ace and they kept trying to block him with the most painful of injuries. But Aomine was way too fast for them and maneuvered his way out. Slowly but surely, Kirisaki Daiichi noticed his weak knee and applied all of their pressure on that one weakness of his. He still kicked their asses but you noticed he wasn't acting like himself. He was really in pain.

During the practices that followed the game, Aomine was definitely not performing like he usually does. At the end of every practice, he would stay longer than every one else, and then leave. He would even surpass your time spent in there. Which was a record none could achieve. So after figuring that out, you refused to leave that day's practice.

Aomine was sitting on the floor, spinning a ball on his fingers. He was eagerly waiting for you to finish your "errands", even though you were only waiting to see when he'd give up the act. "You know, you don't have to wipe the floor with a towel." He told you in an irritant manner. "I think it's already clean from you mopping it until it got scratches." He said in a matter-of-fact kind of way.

That was your final indication that something was wrong with him. "You don't want me to be here." You accused and pointed at him. So he nodded. Because he does, in fact, not like you enough for you to stay. "But not for the reason most might think. You're injured, aren't you, ace?"

With that sentence, the ball he held in his hand fell to the floor. Honestly, he thought he was hiding it really well. But he obviously didn't. Aomine snorted, "No." He said it like it was very humorous and not that he really didn't want you to know. Because if anyone knows, he won't be able to play. And he knew you'd thank god if he didn't come to any practices.

You placed your hands on your hips, very much a motherly stance. "Yeah, right." You deadpanned him and rolled your eyes. "If you aren't injured, then stand up on your own two feet." But you knew he wouldn't do it without a challenge. "I dare you to."

You could tell him to kiss you for all he cares. For a challenge, he'll do it. "Alright." Aomine said with daring eyes. He bit his lip as he stood, trying to contain his groans of agony. "See, I'm all good." He showed you his feet with a strained voice. It really didn't make you feel any better. "I think I'll sit now." He attempted to sit but couldn't because of one of his knees. He was definitely injured and the groan of pain indicated that.

Despite your overwhelming hate towards him, you couldn't watch him ache like that. So you sighed, and helped him up, knowing it was a direct hit to his pride. "You need to go to a hospital." You clarified and nodded to demand it. But he was shaking his head in opposition. "You're injured for god's sake. I don't care whatever weird reason you have, I'm taking you to a doctor whether you like it or not."

He was walking along even though he was protesting not to. But could you blame him? He was working with one leg here. A leg he doesn't often use, clearly. "I'm scared of doctors." It was an obvious lie so that you'd stop leading him towards the hospital. However, nothing was going to stop you. Not even him mumbling "You're not gonna let me fucking play again." He sighed.

Is that what's worrying him from getting treated? Him not being able to play? If it were a few months back, Aomine would feel it is was a gift from god to not be able to play. Now, he was risking shattering his knee for the chance to play. "I won't tell Satsuki. I promise I'll let you play." You said, swearing to him desperately. Not knowing Aomine takes promises very seriously.