09 - pretty girl

IT WAS A NORMAL DAY, ALRIGHT? As usual, you took out the trash, threw dirty jerseys into the washing machine, wiped the windows, dusted corners, and now you were mopping the rooftop floor that was achingly dusty. When suddenly, you stumbled upon a trash can. And if it wasn't a coincidence already, it had blue hair.

You attempted to shake the cabbage patch, wiggle the fish, poke the bear, but it wasn't working. At some point, you assumed he was dead and were more than happy to leave it at that.

"Fucking hell, jackass. Wake up, for the love of god." You poked him with the end of your mop repeatedly and had hoped for a gentle way of waking up. Maybe an eye flutter or a grunt here and there, but no. The asshole woke up so fast, his eyes must have glitched. They darted awake and looked up at you, most definitely pissed.

This man stared at you as if you just sullied the good name of his family. Like he hadn't done that already. "Cinderella, just because the mice woke you up, doesn't mean you have to take it out on me huh?" He turned around and faced you with his back like some dramatic soap opera star.

You grabbed the broom right next to your mop and continued to sweep the floor of dust. You don't understand how this sorry excuse for a man could sleep on a floor as dirty as this one. "Get up or I'll push you off." You said casually while focusing on the task at hand.

But he just laid there while his forearm supported his head, flexing his biceps. "Kind of opinionated for a janitor, don't you think?" Aomine asked rhetorically with a gruff voice, so you just finally went up to him and tried to sweep him right off. Not his feet, just off. "Woman, would you let me sleep?" He shooed you away.

It's not like you cared for his well-being or some shit. You just wanted him away from this spot or else you wouldn't be able to clean it. But, since he insists. "Fine. I hope a bird shits inside your mouth." You grabbed both the mop and the broom and walked away, leaving him in, once again, peace.

But you ruined it.

Footsteps echoed through the halls of the school. With a popsicle dangling off of his lips and his other hand placed inside his pocket, Aomine Daiki finally exited school grounds. For a thing he hates so much, you would expect him to leave school way earlier. But he knows wherever he goes, he'll be bored. He lost that fire in life.

When noticing a pretty girl being hit on by a few boys, Aomine took the popsicle out of his mouth. From a distance, they looked harmless and it seemed as if the girl was even enjoying it a bit. He thought that he should mind his own business and to just walk the other way.

"Would you guys just stop fucking trying?" That nagging voice he remembered so clearly had echoed inside his brain. He remembered the tone and the octave you so consistently used on him.

Aomine turned.

"Cinderella?" He called, his voice seeming darker than usual. Aomine walked up to the people standing on the sidewalk, the woman he was planning to save squinting her eyes. The men squirmed when seeing his massive stature, planting a huge shadow beside them in domination. "Are these people bothering you?"

You looked at him for a split second. You wanted to get this over with but at the same time didn't want to be indebted to Aomine Daiki. You turned over to the weasels and their ridiculous sultry eyes made contact with you. Screw it. "Yes, actually.." You spoke, "They are."

The point of you doing that wasn't for him to take care of your situation. It was to intimidate them, at least, to stop thinking they had a chance with you. But you were dumb enough to assume that the ass wouldn't do something more. Something like making sure those guys can never have a daughter.

As soon as you noticed him stepping in and attempting to roll up his sleeves, you rolled your eyes and said, "Don't even think about it, ace." You sternly demanded so he stopped midway. "You'll seriously ruin your entire career over these little shits?" A guy from the little quad scoffed, offended by that little comment but you interrupted him. "So, no fighting. Is that clear?"