6 - dim

MAYBE IT WAS HOW GOOD SEIRIN GOT, or maybe it was talking to kagami, the guy that defeated him. but no matter the reason for the sudden change, aomine just wasn't himself. sure it was quite typical of him to just skip practice out of spite, or throw a useless fight with wakamatsu. but aomine daiki never skips out on competitive matches.

this match that touou's gonna play in 1 hour determines his entire future. scouts and plenty of strong colleges that are hoping to recruit that beast for a man are there. but he's a no-show.

this time, wakamatsu didn't freak out and momoi didn't chase after him. they had simply given up. but you, you didn't buy this awful act he put up. that he's all normal and fine and done with basketball. i mean, the idiot hadn't made fun of you in a week. yes, you've seen eachother countless of times.

If aomine daiki has finally given up completely on basketball, then no one stands a chance. "how'd you find me?" his deep voice asked but the teasing, egotistical hint of it was nowhere to be found.

You found him on a bench outside of Seirin High, a dainty lollipop dangling off of his lip. His eyes didn't even bother to look at you, they just stared at the lowly sign that read 'Seirin high'. "I figured you'd be here," You walked over to where he sat, "since you're so in-love with Seirin."

You expected a scowl or a quip intended for you but he just stayed quiet. It was irregular and you hated it. "You do know touou's playing against one of the kings? Senshinkan? It's supposed to be an exciting match." You got straight to the point and he rolled his eyes at it indicating he does, in fact, know. "What's up with you today? Why are you throwing everything away?"

Aomine let out a brief humorous exhale. He dropped his head and shook it in disbelief. "You have no life whatsoever, huh, Cinderella?" He asked rhetorically and quite bluntly. No way. No fucking way. You looked at him, baffled. "Why do you keep running after me when you're supposed to be managing a club that's full of lowlifes?"

Your mouth was agape, staring at the undeniably arrogant human being in front of you. You didn't understand him. Didn't understand his need to bring down others just so that they wouldn't try to hope the best for him. "Fine," You said, surrendering, "I hope the next time I see you, you'll be dead and in a ditch." And then you walked away.

You give up. You give up trying to "spark that cold heart of his". You give up on trying to regain his passion. You give up on attempting to make Wakamatsu proud when he himself gave up. You give up on aiding his future.

His future.

Aiding his future?

You stopped walking.

you sat in an almost empty train, tapping your foot as impatience grew on you. you stared at the man who was blowing a bubble out of his gum, acting as if his entire future did not depend on the outcome of today. but of course, what else did you expect from that idiot. "am i just that beautiful?" the navy haired man you hated so much said sarcastically, basing it off of the fact that your eyes still hadn't left him.

you stayed silent for a second, anger clouding your eyes. "you know, I could have not turned around. I could've just left you to rot, right there. But, I didn't." you sat up, "satsuki is angry. you could get kicked off of the team if you don't attend this match."

"and..." aomine trailed off in an easy tone. "why do you care?" he tilted his head and stared right back at you, who was baffled by his irritable behavior.

honestly, no one knew why aomine was behaving this way. last week at the beach, he was acting normal and fine. but after that he stopped attending practices and fell into his old ways.