10 - fiancé

"MY MOM'S GONNA KILL ME." Aomine mumbled as he stared at his reflection through your phone. You pulled up the camera app on your little device and showed him just how bruised he looked. I mean, who knew Aomine bruised like a peach? Or a bitch?

Also, since when was Aomine afraid of his own mother? Despite going through his little rebellious phase—where he probably skipped all the classes and beat up all his upperclassmen— he's still scared of her? "God bless a woman who can humble you." You smiled sarcastically at him.

He faked a laugh as you tidied up the things in the first-aid box, finally done with treating his wounds. Honestly, it took longer than you expected with that burning, hot gaze of his. Seriously, what was that? "Hey, Cindy. You just got a text. It says—"Aomine couldn't even finish his words without you snatching that phone away from him. God, was he nosy. "The contact read 'Kagami'. Who the fuck is Kagami?"

You were too busy to respond to the ass as you were looking through every photo he took without your permission and wondered where, in that one minute you left him, he had the time to take all that. "Who else is Kagami, Ace?" You rolled your eyes at the stupid question, opening up that message he had almost sneakily read.

It was like a fucking sunrise dawned on him when he realized what exactly you were talking about. It was almost as if all the wounds and pain vanished at the blink of an eye because that asshole stood up so fast that you, yourself, probably got whiplash. "Wait, redhead Kagami?" Aomine tilted his head in bafflement while you nodded. "You've been talkin' to the enemy, Cinderella?"

Who the fuck is he calling an enemy? At the championships, he defeated Seirin and gave them literal trauma as a package deal. "Move out of my way, or I'll be the one to kill you. Not your delightful mother." You said it without even thinking because you were caught up trying to read the whole swarm of anxious texts Kagami was sending. And when you finally did, you shrieked. "Kagami asked me to come to Takao's party with him!" You jumped up and down in excitement, while Aomine was nowhere near that.

Nah, nah. Who in Satan's blatant name allowed that godforsaken member of Seirin to ask out his manager? Especially him. I mean, it was a scenario straight out of the deep, deep depths of hell. "Give me your phone. I just wanna see." Aomine beckoned for your phone and walked closer with every step.

Whereas you were thanking Kagami rapidly for the kind gesture and acting courteously by saying "are you sure?" and stuff like that. But Aomine's constant pleading inside your ear caused a few typos here and there, and at some point you even wrote "give" instead of Kagami. "See what, Ace? What could you possibly gain from this?" You asked exasperatedly, assuming he'd probably make fun of whatever Kagami said in that conversation.

"When did I ever make fun of someone, Cinderella?" Aomine basically read your mind and told the biggest lie ever told at the same time. Not even hours ago, he made fun of Wakamatsu and his play for you. And not even half an hour ago, Aomine was teasing you. "See, I'm a guy. I'll tell you whether or not this guy's playing you."

Whether or not this guy is playing me? It was fucking Kagami. You would understand it if it came out of a sane man's mouth. But it's not; it was spoken by Aomine. There was a bigger chance of him playing you than Kagami ever will. "Oh, yeah. He did say, 'after the party, we'll hit town and book a room in a motel'." You made fun, and he looked at you with a deadpan. You sighed, "You jealous, Ace?"

He squinted his eyes and grimaced. "Jealous of what? Your headscarf?" Aomine joked at your very sarcastic comment. You were getting tired of that headscarf joke, to be honest. "Seriously, Cindy, I can get a girl like that." He snapped his fingers and smirked.