five

"Good job, Lucy-sama

"Good job, Lucy-sama. You're getting better." After months of meditation and physical training, I had enough power to summon 4 spirits (excluding Plue of course, because he didn't take up a lot of magic power). After a while, we stopped, and Capricorn looked at me approvingly, and I couldn't help but smile. The first real smile in months.

"Thank you, Capricorn. Do you think that I can work on my strength with Leo now?" I asked, and Loke took a step up so that he could help me "bulk up."

"Alright Lucy, we're going to work on your punching. Right now, punch the air." I punched the air repeatedly, and Loke shook his head, tsking at my form.

"No like this," he said, putting his arm around my waist and grabbing my arm so it would go in the direction he wanted.

"Loke," I scolded. What a pervert.

"I'm helping you," he said innocently. I glared at him. He backed off and let me continue practicing, making sure that I was doing it correctly until we were ready to spar. He beat me every time, but if I was going to prove myself to Team Natsu, then I had to win.

 He beat me every time, but if I was going to prove myself to Team Natsu, then I had to win

"Agh, Happy, let's go on a job with Luce."

"Uh, Natsu? Lushee isn't here. Even if she was, you couldn't take her on a job, because you kicked her out."

"In that case, let's go on a job with Lisanna." Lisanna perked up at her name and gave me a hug.

"I'd love to!" She went over to the request board and picked a job. Another play? I wish she would have picked something more action-packed.

"Sure, Lisanna," I said, faking my certainty.

"Wendy! Erza! Stripper!" I called out. They all came by and accepted the job, even though I could clearly see they weren't that excited. Well, except for Erza and Wendy...so that only left me and Gray.

"Can Juvia come along too? Juvia wants to spend more time with Gray-sama!" Juvia asked.

"Of course, Juvia," Lisanna answered. She's making decisions for herself. Not like that's a bad thing, but Team Natsu is Team Natsu. That's not what she's supposed to do. Luce, come back...I can't believe I'm saying this though...I'm sorry for calling you weak in the first place.

(edited 190210)

the intention is not that lisanna isn't allowed to make her own decisions. rather, natsu is too attached to the original "team natsu" so he doesn't like that lisanna is making any decisions for the team when she wasn't an original member. but natsu is an idiot and doesn't get to decide anything anymore.