Chapter Ten

"Jevery, are you okay?" She looked kind of dazed, and her eyes were pure black

                "You are my enemy, Heartfilia." What was she talking about? She lunged towards me, and threw a punch. Thinking it was a joke, I didn't brace myself because she could never actually beat me. Eventually, she had picked up a sword from her clothes and brandished it in front of my eyes. This was definitely not a joke. If she was challenging me to a sword fight—heck, she wouldn't—then she was going to lose.

                "Jevery, you leave me no choice," I muttered. I requipped into the bluntest blade I had. She came forward, and with tears in my eyes, I plunged it into her stomach. I'm so sorry, Jevery. She lay on the ground, slowly breathing.

. . .

                Jevery finally opened her eyes. They weren't black anymore, they were back to a lively shade of violet. I stared at her, and increased the pressure on her wound.

                "Jevery..."

                "Heartfilia, I want to tell you, I'm sorry." She walked to the edge of the mountain, and flung her feet over. I sat down next to her.

                "But I can't forgive myself." She jumped off the cliff, and I stood there, dumbfounded. Quickly, I summoned all the spirits I could.

                "Loke! Aries! Virgo! Help her!" I screamed. All my spirits tried their hardest, but they couldn't reach her.

                "JEVERY! JEVERY, PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE ALIVE!"

Lucy-san...please...don't...cry...

Jevery, is that you?

I...I fell into the darkness.

Is that why you attacked me?

Sorry, Lucy-san...I...didn't mean...to...

It's okay.

Do...you...know why...you didn't...fall...into...the darkness? Her breathing was getting worse.

Jevery, please.

It was because...Lucy, you're the light...your name means light. Light...can never...be...enveloped...by...darkness. You...are...just...like Hikari. Lucy-san...I wanted...to...give...you something... Her thought suddenly stopped, and a jet of light appeared from down below. It showered me; and then it was gone.

You're...a person...I...trust...Lucy-san. Celestial dragon slayer magic.

Jevery, please. I-don't go!

Lucy-san...I would...be...proud...if...you called yourself...Hikari Jevery...Suzikame...when...you...go back...to Fairy...Tail. Suddenly, she stopped. I screamed, and cried.

                "Gladly, Jevery." I picked up her body, and got onto the train, riding quietly to Sabertooth. 

-o-

everyone seems to be confused by lucy taking a body on the train. guys. this is literally a fairy tail based anime i doubt anyone would even question it at that point.