Chapter Eighteen

I crept behind her, ready to prank

"Natsu, I know it's you," she said softly.

"Huh?"

"I'm a Dragon Slayer. I have amplified hearing, sight, and smell."

"This is why Mirajane wants us to get married," I joked. She turned around and scowled.

"Your Lucy may have fallen for this, but I'm not your Lucy."

"You're-"

"I'm not an object. I'm not yours," she scoffed.

                "Wait," the pink haired idiot said

"Wait," the pink haired idiot said. I turned around and he put his scarf as a blindfold on my eyes.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Open your eyes," he commanded. I pulled off the scarf. There he was, one knee on the ground, and a ring in his hand. As I moved closer, I saw it was gold with a star-shaped diamond.

"Will you, Lucy Hikari Jevery Suzikame Layla Heartfilia, be mine?"

"What?!" I screamed.

"Do I really have to say all that again?"

"Get up, Natsu."

"What?"

"I said get up." He put his scarf back on.

"Let's talk at my apartment," I said. We went to the apartment and Aishi was peacefully sleeping.

"Well, Lucy? Do you have an answer?" He looked completely heartbroken.

"Ano, Natsu, why do you refer to me as 'yours?'"

"I don't want to lose you. So if I claim you, then I can find you again. Lucy-"

"-is yours." Aishi was up.

"I give you full permission to marry her," she said. I looked at her pointedly.

"Aishi, since when did you have to give permission?" Anyway, time to shorten my name.

"Aishi, I heard Happy's going on a mission," Natsu offered. Aishi then flew out the window.

"Lucy, before you answer, I want to tell you something. I hardly know stars and nature, but I do know something. The stars shine in your eyes, and the waterfalls are your hair, and all that cannot compare to you. You can be as stern as Aquarius, but as soft as Aries, and you can be as strong as Loke, but you are as vulnerable as Plue. But you are you. You are Lucy. And I love you, Lucy Heartfilia."

"Natsu, you've got something wrong," I said, giggling.

"What's that?" he asked, eyebrows furrowing.

"My name is Lucy...Dragneel." I pulled him by his scarf until we were close to each other and then closed the gap. I kissed him deeply, the gold ring on my finger.