Chapter Twelve

"Thank you, Sting, for everything

                "Thank you, Sting, for everything." He helped me fasten my black cloak, and his fingers trailed my shoulders. I shuddered quickly. I didn't have to worry about how I looked anymore—my eyes had already changed their color, to a velvety dark blue. My hair was all the way down to my backside, simply braided. We walked along the river, where the boatmen called out.

                "Watch out!" Reminded me of the old times, when the said the exact same thing. I smiled. But when we reached the guild, it suddenly turned into a frown.

                "Lucy, are you sure you'll be all right on your own?" I pushed open the door, but everyone was too busy, so I turned back. As I turned around, Sting suddenly crashed his lips on to mine, and I melted back, savoring the last moments I would have with him. His tongue moved around rapidly, and he stopped suddenly.

                "I'm sorry—I shouldn't have..."

                "I didn't mind." My eyes brimmed with tears again. I held on to him, for eternity.

                "Oh yeah, Lucy, I have something for you." He opened his bag, to show me an egg with pink designs all over it.

                "Is this...?"

                "Yeah, it's an Exceed egg..."

                "I love you, Sting!" I kissed him once more, and walked into the guild, with my bags, cloak, and Exceed egg. I turned around to see Sting smile, and run away into the distance.

                "I'd like to see your master," the mysterious girl said as she walked in to our guild

                "You're a newcomer?" Mira asked her. The girl nodded, and my gaze fell on to the Exceed egg that she had with her. I thought all the dragons were dead? Maybe it's just a souvenir or something. Mira told the girl to go upstairs to talk to Master, and when Mira came back down, she had a huge smile on her face.

                "Why so happy, Mira?"

                "She just makes me happy for some reason!" Mira continued humming as she made me some more food.

                "Hello, master," I said.

                "No letters, no nothing! Nothing to tell us you were okay!"

                "Master..."

                "Welcome back!" He was crying. Genuinely crying. I smiled, and cried tears of joy with him.

                "Where do you want your guild mark?" I pointed to my right hand, where I would get the guild mark in velvety blue, just like my eyes.

                "Master, just saying, I no longer go by the name of Lucy Heartfilia." He looked up, surprised.

                "My name is Hikari Jevery Suzikame."

                "Oi!" I shouted at the newcomer

                "Oi!" I shouted at the newcomer. She took off her hood, and glared at me. Okay, she doesn't want to talk to me...

                "Mirajane, right?" she asked to Mira. Mira nodded.

                "My name is Hikari. May I have a strawberry milkshake?" Mira handed the strawberry milkshake, and then the girl—Hikari—left to go get a house. But master didn't make an announcement yet—I suppose he was waiting then. I followed Hikari to her apartment, and found out that she was staying where Lucy used to stay. She turned and scowled.

                "Why are you following me, pinkie?" I turned around, but from the corner of my eye, I saw her come back out, with the Exceed egg. I followed her back to the guild. Master suddenly came out, and everyone stopped what they were doing.

                "HEY BRATS! WE HAVE A NEW MEMBER!" Erza looked up from her strawberry cake, Gray and Juvia stopped making out, and Happy spit out his fish.

                "HER NAME IS HIKARI JEVERY SUZIKAME!" Levy looked at the new mage, who had finally taken off her cloak. She had a perfect body, and she was wearing navy blue robes.

                "Wondering what kind of mage I am? Well, who has enough guts to figure out?" she asked, challenging everybody in the guild.

                "I'll take you on," I accepted.

                "You have other people I can fight? You look weak to me," she taunted.

                "Fight the team," Lisanna piped up. The new girl nodded.