dancing to the rhythm of misery

i would pull all the stars from the sky if you wanted me to. oh, but they dull in comparison to you. in comparison to those eyes i dream of so often. those eyes, those pretty lies; you said you wanted me but only for tonight. it's kind of funny how i could write so much about someone i don't even know. i don't think i ever knew you. you never even let me try. our fate was to fall, and now the cards are in your hands cause i'm folding. the stars call out to me; they make me wonder what could have been and what could still be. my misery is addictive like the blues i take to numb the pain. my heart convinces me it wouldn't be so bad and my head is gonna explode. i'd have been yours any way you'd have me, but you didn't want me at all. hallelujah on the radio, a dark sky above me, the lights of the best buy illuminating an empty parking lot. no one's watching me, no one's there to save me from myself. this inescapable heartache haunts me. am i losing myself? i can't live with it so i'll die with it instead. someone remind me it's better off this way. the tangle of roads never leads me home. half a bottle away from freedom; one more dose and i'll be fine.