𝐕𝐈. 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐝

𝖘𝖍𝖊

This was her last day at Arbed, but she didn't know yet. Her mother gave her another dress and put her hair in a ponytail so it won't look chopped anymore. But her heart was still in pieces, because of the way her family acted. If they want a good kid this much, why don't they just leave her? Leave her to someone who wants an evil daughter. Why was it so hard? What did she do wrong in another life?

She left, walking slow to Arbed. Kids who were on the street looked at her with weird faces. With fear. She kept walking and walking, enduring the looks others gave her. She sighed. It was a long path today, like it was her last.

And that day was boring. She arrived at Arbed, had luch with the others, served tea with them then read stories. Just after she read the story, she was able to leave the building, to the rose bushes.

She sat down, looking for more roses to destroy. The sky started to catch a darker colour, as she was staying alone, between roses.
But then someone started talking.
"uh-hi!" the boy said shy. Then his voice catched confidence. "i have something for you". In his hand was a rose. A pink rose, without any thorns. He was smiling, giving the rose to the girl who was sitting still. She said nothing, looking at him with an empty expression, taking the rose with no excitement. "i'm William!" he said. William was waiting to hear her say the same thing. But instead she said "ok". He felt embarassed, trying to find an excuse to leave. How dumb some people are. Everyone knows that evil people can't love, so why was he even trying?

She looked after him, then at the rose in her hands. Happy that she had a new rose to unalive, she started to take off the petals, slow, one by one. Then with her gift, she grew long, sharp thorns from the leftover rose.

Now it looked like a weapon. She sighed again. Then a shadow covered her shilouette. It was another boy. A boy with copper-like hair. And he had a rose with him too.

"don't look at me like this, my brother's friend wanted to give it to you. So i stole it" he said short. The boy trew harshly the rose on her dress, leaving her alone again.
This rose was red. A soft red, with big petals and black thorns. And again, she ripped it. It was getting cold and there weren't anymore roses, so she got up and walked slow inside the building, leaving back all the mess. She then walked faster,right to the library. Not much boys liked to read, so the library was pretty much empty. Oh, how much she hated this place. How much she wanted to run in the forest and never come back.
The room was getting darker too, so she lit up some candles. But instead of reading she looked at how the candles were melting. The book was open, in front of her, but her eyes were focused on the candles. The orange fire was reflecting into her purple eyes, while the room was dark and empty. How she wished to stay like this forever. In the flames, she started seeing forms. No. Behind the flames. The smoke was drawing shapes. Roses. Dresses. And a human shape, standing still, then two humans. All of those lost into the smoke. Smoke? But candles shouldn't have black smoke. Her book catched on fire. Damn. She tried to think. What should she do? But before any idea came into her mind, the whole desk catched on fire. It wasn't good. No. She had to run. She didn't want to die right now. Maybe in some years, but not now. She run away from the library, right when she floor started burning too.

***

That evening, Dean Brunhile got her home. The woman had a conversation with her parents. She explained what happened and that she shouldn't come to Arbed anymore. Not because she destroyed the roses or burned the library. But because Dean Brunhile saw her with Aric and Japeth. In the wrong moments. She saw her with Aric and Japeth while cutting her hair, while reading stories and when Japeth gave her the rose. Two evil kids were already enought. The Dean couldn't risk to have another one like those two. So she split them as fast as she could.

Even if in reality she got wrong the whole story.

The Dean left. Her parents were angry. Dissapointed. They didn't let her talk, sending her to her own room, not wanting to see the girl some time.
She walked to her room angry. It was their fault, not hers! They sent her to Arbed! They did all of this. Tears of anger filled her eyes.

The door was opened by a girl. Alice. Her sister that she barely saw, since she hanged out with her friends a lot. She was 14 after all. "don't be sad..." Alice started. "i am not sad! I am angry!"
Alice laughed then hugged her sister. "why are you doing this? Nobody likes me evil. Why do you like me?" she asked her sister. "because you are my sister. You are my blood. Bonds aren't destroyed just by being good or evil, ugly or beautiful, smart or dumb. And our bond is more special, because we are sisters"

"you won't love me anymore!" "i will. And to keep my word, i promise on the pinky" she said holding her pinky up. "but you will have a boyfriend. You are good. This is how Good girls end up. I won't. I will be alone again" "and what if i have a boyfriend. Me and him could break up anytime. The fact that we are sisters will never be broken" "what if i will love someone evil?" she asked. "i will still love you" "what if i love a girl?" "still" "what if i will love the same person as you?".

Alice laughed, taking her sister back into her arms, calming her until the girl fell asleep.