Au. Part twelve

A month passed. Arice kept doing her routine: waking up,cleaning around,maybe going out with Aric or Japeth,reading,eating,sleeping. It seemed boring,but she had never been happier. She felt safe. She wasnt stressing out about anything. She was living her best life. She gained a bit of weight,her skin was more luminous and healthy and her eyes gained their spark back. Japeth was relieved to see all that.
It was around 10am when Japeth walked in,asking Arice to go on a walk with him. She agreed and changed her clothes,wearing a dark red dress.
"Where are we going?" She asked Japeth when she realised they werent walking towards the gardens.
"I was thinking we could ride a bit. What do you think?"
"Sounds good"
They walked opposite to the gardens,where Aric had two horses ready. Who was going to go with who?
They werent going to leave a pregnant girl alone. Japeth knew Aric would feel distant if he were to go with Arice. So he put Aric and Arice on the same horse,while he went with the other one. Aric found it a bit weird,but didnt complain.
They walked through the forest. Aric was paying attention to the path,while Arice was watching the view,amazed. Japeth watched both of them,feeling relief in his soul. Both Aric and Arice were safe and sound,getting along. He had both of them next to him. And he d soon have a kid too. It felt too good to be true.
They've ridden through the forest for a couple hours. Arice got sleepy and Japeth had to meet with Rhian,so they returned to the castle. They got off. Him and Aric were taking the horses back.
"You dont have to stay here,go to your room. We'll be there soon" Japeth told Arice with a kind face. She nodded and left.
Arice walked down the tall halls slowly. She liked watching the architecture. Suddenly,she noticed somebody walk out of a chamber.
"Arice,there you are. Ive been looking for you"
It was Rhian. He looked glad to see her. She didnt look glad to see him.
"What?"
"I need to talk to you. Its about the kingdom aswell. Come"
He lead Arice to a chamber,similar to a living room. They sat down. She didnt trust Rhian at all. Arice felt dumb she didnt take any weapon with her.
"So..ive heard rumours..that you might be with child"
"Right.."
"But there is a problem. Me,the king, and Japeth,my twin,have rights to claim the throne. We're both heirs. But its complicated,because we are twins. And the rules here say that the ruler is a twin, the next heir to the throne can and will be the first kid one of the twins has. Doesnt matter who's. So...i know it may sound barbaric...but im asking you to ..get rid of it. Unless you want your kid to be a heir,of course. Im not asking you not to have kids,but im asking you to wait till the situation is all figured out and i have my queen and my heir. Then you and japeth can do what you want"
Arice stood silent. She thought of a response. Even lies.
"So that applies if its Japeth's right?"
"Yes"
"But it is not. Its Aric's"
Rhian stood silent. He expected any answer but this.
"May i go now?"
Rhian only nodded,looking confused. He was sitting all alone,thinking.
What if she lied? What if its true? Did she cheat on Japeth? Whats happening with those three? I should have put more questions...damn it..i have to talk to Japeth.

Arice walked in. She took a shower then read a book. A maid knocked and walked in with a tray,bringing her some tea.
"Oh..thank you" she didnt remember asking for tea,but the maids here were very nice,so she didnt question it either. Arice drank it while reading. Slowly,her vision got blurry and her head was spinning. She placed the cup and book down and tried to breath. But it became worse. She felt nauseaous and needed to throw up. Arice walked to the bathroom and threw up. Again and again. She started coughing, till her throat felt sore. She felt heavy and her muscles were all numb. Arice stood there, hoping to get better. But she didnt. She struggled not to faint,hoping aric or Japeth would come in and help her. But it was too late. A pond of blood spread under her legs.
Arice couldnt believe it. She didnt want to believe it. She touched the blood,trembling,then started crying histerically.