Au. Part Thirteen

Arice returned. Japeth was with Rhian,who said he needed to talk about something. He heard Arice's cries right away and rushed to the bathroom.
"Whats happening??"
He kneeled down and held her in his arms. He didnt understand,looking around flabbergasted.
"My baby..its gone again!" She could barely talk through cries and sobs. Arice hugged him and kept crying,not moving from her own blood.
"How..? What happened?"
She nodded no, for some reason, and kept crying. Aric started feeling fear. He was scared for Arice, he didnt know what to do,why was there blood and what will they do with Japeth. But he didnt have to think too much. Japeth walked in,looking as if he had seen a ghost.
"Japeth!" She stuttered "im so sorry...i dont...i.." she cried
"What happened...?" He got on his knees aswell,caressing her hair. She was ashamed to look him in the eyes.
"I came back...and found her like this" Aric said. "She has just miscarried.."
Japeth looked sad,caressing her face
"Dont cry..its not the end of the world"
Arice got too tired to cry. She kept sobbing and gasping for air,being held by aric.
"Lets get you cleaned up. You must be tired" Japeth turned the bathtub's faucet on and filled it with warm water,while Aric took her clothes off and tied her hair,placing her in the water
"Take your time, we'll be in the bedroom"

Aric and Japeth left her there. They walked inside the bedroom. Aric looked like a sad dog.
"Rhian told me the kid was yours. What's that supposed to mean?" He asked Aric, disappointed,but keeping his calm
"Look,Japeth.."
"Tell me the truth"
Aric sighed
"I despised Arice when i first came here...so i harassed her and made her loose her pregnancy...but then something felt so off...i was ashamed..and scared to lose you...so we both tried to fix my mistake...so i slept with her a couple of times...and she got pregnant again"
Japeth listened to his story, not knowing how to answer. He rubbed his eyes.
"You idiot.."
"Im sorry,truly. But we both love you too much...we didnt want you to get mad at us"
"You do..?"
"I do...i love you.." he looked down
"And she does too...please dont get mad at Arice,its my fault"
Japeth had never seen Aric so fond of someone...he d never seen Aric taking the blame or protecting anybody. He was glad Aric let his guard down for him and Arice.
" I cant stay mad at any of you.." he pressed his forhead against Aric's.
Aric took Japeth's palm and kissed it.  Japeth kissed his lips.
"I love you...im so sorry..." Aric struggled to say.

"Im sorry too...for not telling you" Arice left the bathroom,in a white night dress.
They hurried to help her
"Im fine..."
She sat on the bed,her lower lip trembling. She looked like a sad kid,she looked hopeless. All of the happiness she d felt in the past month was now gone.
"Its fine..im not mad" Japeth caressed her cheek
"Are you sure...? On neither of us..?"
"Mhm..i understand...i would have done the same thing..not to lose you,or Aric"
She closed her eyes,thinking.
"Rest" Aric layed her down. They both layed next to her,comforting her.
"My baby...its gone again.."
"Dont cry...we re gonna solve it.." Aric tried to stay positive.
Arice fell asleep,exhausted.
"Ill go talk with Rhian...im afraid he might have something to do with this.."
Japeth kissed Aric then left. He stood with Arice,watching her,feeling guilty of everything. Had his mother gone through this aswell? Did she loose so many kids before having aric? Did she ever want aric? If no,why did she love him? Why didnt she just get rid of him when she got the role as a teacher in The School for Good and Evil? He felt too much. Or maybe he wasnt used to feelings at all. Aric layed next to her,keeping Arice at his chest. He sobbed quietly. He destroyed someone's life,the way his father destroyed his mother's.