AU. Part fourteen

Japeth walked inside Rhian's chamber. He was upset and demanded answers.
"What did you do??"
"Im afraid i dont know what you re talking about"
"Yes you do! What did you do to Arice??"
"Something happened?"
"DONT PLAY DUMB WITH ME!" he kicked the table,scims crawling around the room. He was dead serious.
"I did what i needed to do,alright? You know the rules aswell"
"She told you the kid wasnt mine! It wouldnt become the heir!"
"And doesnt that bother you? That it wasnt yours and you didnt know?"
A pause. Rhian watched Japeth. Japeth watched Rhian.
"No" Japeth looked him in the eyes
"No,it didnt. You know nothing about them. You have no idea how faithful Arice is. She wouldnt have done such thing without a good reason"
"And what was the reason?"
"That is none of your business"
"Im your brother"
"Were you my brother when you poisoned my lover aswell??" He kicked the table again
Rhian didnt answer.
"Why did you do it? Whats your problem??"
"It was Aric's! That man is a menance to everyone. Dont you remember what he did to me??"
"Yes i remember. He should have killed you right there. You made a girl have a miscarriage because of the man that got her pregnant. What would mother think of you?"
Rhian didnt answer. He looked serious.
"Im done with your filthy businesses. I will leave as soon as possible"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean i give up. You re on your own!"
"You cant do that!"
"Why?"
"Ill tell everyone you re the Snake"
"Go on. Tell everyone that your twin brother who was next to you all along is The Snake. You think people are dumb? They'll figure out your dirty plans. Anything else?"
"..no"
"Very well then. Ill leave as soon as possible" he turned around and left.

Japeth returned, angry. Arice and Aric were sleeping,hugging each other. Japeth changed his clothes and layed behind Arice,hugging her aswell. He was thinking of a place to go...somewhere far away...where Arice can have her child in peace...where he can walk down the streets and nobody would recognize him...where Aric would be someone normal,not a psycho who tortured dozens of people.
He fell asleep,feeling their scents,mixed. He was angry. Furious at Rhian. Whatever he gained,Rhian had to destroy. Whoever he loved,Rhian tried to get rid off. Japeth swore he's going to protect those two...they were his family now,not Rhian.

                         ***

Japeth woke up to the sound of...smooching? He opened his eyes confused,to see the two kissing shamelessly. Arice was laying on the bed,while Aric was laying against his elbow.
"Huh"
They stooped and looked at Japeth,embarassed.
"Its not.." she tried to say
"She started" Aric intrerupted
Arice looked at him with a done face.
"You act like i found you cheating on me. Keep going" he went back to sleep.
Arice smiled and hugged Japeth. Then Aric hugged Arice.
Japeth turned around,looking at her.
"How do you feel?"
"Better" she smiled
"Im glad to hear this...we're going to leave..as soon as possible"
"What? Why?" Aric asked
"I wanna cut all ties with Rhian. Im not his puppet anymore. We'll go as far away as possible. We will have peace. And you'll be able to have as many babies as you wish" he smiled and looked at Arice.
"Japeth...are you sure this is fine..? All i wanted was a kid,you dont have to do that.."
"Its not just you..its...rhian..he is the problem"
Nobody said anything for a bit.
"How come you two get along?" Japeth then asked.
They looked at each other.
"No idea actually. I think we spent too much time together"
"I think i know where to go...ill search for a place...far away. Where we will be normal"
Arice and Aric watched him,both worried. Rhian and Japeth were always fighting,but this seemed very serious. They hoped it wont affect them as much.