AU.Part eleven

Aric had never seen someone so happy to see him. He watched Arice walking around the room happily. Once he took her happiness...now he gave it back...could he be forgiven?Will Arice ever forgive him? Aric needed to know...he didnt know how to ask it, he didnt know why he cared so much,but it wouldnt leave his mind.
"Here,I'll help you" he helped Arice clean around, placing clothes back in their places. He watched her. He watched her black hair fluttering around. He watched her thin body walk in circles. Aric was confused,but gave up. He didnt bother to understand anymore.
"Arice..?"
"Hm?" She was sitting on the bed
"I..dont know how to ask...but..you..will you forgive me? For what ive done...everything..."
She stared at him for a bit,her big purple eyes reading him. It felt like an eternity. Aric couldnt see anything besides her face. But looking at it,it felt like a faint memory...a memory of someone whom he once loved.. then hated to death...
The door opened. Japeth returned, with a box in his hands.
"Japeth!" She smiled
Aric turned to him. He felt too agitated to welcome him warmly. He stood there,dumbfounded.
"Hi" Japeth smiled. He let the box down and changed his clothes. "How was your day?" He asked
"Boring"
"Awh,how come? Youve got a whole castle for yourself.
"You know i dont go out"
"Right. And you?" He looked at aric
"Im fine.."
"Are you sure? You dont look...fine"
"Just tired.."
"Come here" she pointed to the bed.
Japeth layed down,tired. Aric sat on the bed,looking a bit unsure. He kept staring at Arice,wanting his answer, hoping she'd remember what they were talking about and just say it,ignoring Japeth.
"We dont bite. Lay down" Japeth told him.
"Yeah..sorry.." he did
"I got you two something" japeth got up and took the box.
"Really?"
"What?"
Japeth opened the box and pulled out two smaller things. A shiny box for arice and an envelope for Aric. They both looked confused.

Aric opened the envelope. There were photos,old photos. He pulled them out one by one,processing. They were photos of him and Japeth when they were still in Arbed. When they were around ten years old. He watched the pictures,not believing it was him staring back from the shiny piece of paper. They looked...evil,of course. But...at peace. They had a lot of problems,even as kids,but at that time they still had the innocence kids do, lighting up his life a bit more. He couldnt find his words. He didnt even know what to say.
"Thank you.."
Was he greatful? For what? Aric had no idea why he said that. He kept staring at the pictures. Japeth was just as beautiful back then. He was a beautiful kid. Aric was...aric. Aric couldnt believe they were still together,after so many years.

Arice opened her small box,confused. It was full of confetti or something like that. She took them out and took out...a small pair of shoes. Baby's shoes. They were small,dark red with bows on each one. She looked at them in awe.
"Saw them in a shop...so i sent one of my men to buy them...thought you'd like it...i know it may not be a girl but.."
"They re adorable" she smiled. She had a childish smile, her cheeks turning round when she was doing it.
"As for yours, i sneaked into arbed to get something...so i searched for those"
"Thank you..." aric said again,lost.
Arice kept the little shoes in her palms,admiring them happy.
"I will go take a shower...today drained me" Japeth got up and went to the bathroom.
Aric stared a bit more at the pictures,then at Arice.
"So...do you forgive me..?"
She looked at him and stayed still for a bit
"Yeah..a part of me forgives you...but...another part will forever be mad at you"
He understood. Somehow he understood perfectly. Aric let the photos down.
"You...remind me a lot of someone...for whom i have felt the same thing...a part of me hates her...but a small part wants to forgive her...to talk to her.."
"Who?"
"Its not important anymore"
"You look unwell...wanna rest?"
Aric nodded. He layed next to Arice,feeling too many things. He just gave up.