Chapter 1

Ree

Cheers to the freaking weekend!!

I take a shot and let the alcohol burn my throat and the stress of the week. I cannot believe how tired I am. Is that going to stop me from dancing till my feet hurt? You know it won't.

"Another round. And keep them coming." I insist to our server. I need to get a good buzz going in order to tolerate the sea of bodies in the club tonight.

"I can't go wild tonight. I have to finish that huge wedding cake in the morning." Em says still scrunching her face after the first shot.

"She says as if she ever goes wild at all." Ali teases.

"I can go wild, just not every weekend." More like once a blue moon. Emily has never really been the partying type. She loves hanging out with us, but I know she would rather we be at a classy restaurant & bar where she could order a fruity cocktail.

"It's like a kitten trying to fight with tigers." Lynn jests making me snort in laughter. It really is.

"Shut up!" She pouts before taking out her phone. The next round arrives while she is grinning like the lovestruck idiot she is, texting away.

"Tell Tariq to stop distracting you. He gets you every other night of the week." Ali says shoving a shot in Em's hand.

"He'd probably die if he went a night without blowing up her phone." Lynn comments.

"Or blowing out her back." I add before taking my shot.

"Nice one." Lynn snorts downing her shot.

You see, Em just moved in with her boyfriend, Tariq, two weeks ago after four months together. Fast, right? Only its not. Those two have been in love for as long as they have known each other. It only took them fifteen years to make it official.
If he was in love with her before, he's down right obsessed now.
Not that I blame him. Em is one in a million. She deserves to be treated like a queen, and honestly, I haven't seen my best friend as happy in all the years I have known her.

"He was just asking if we're going to need a ride later." She defends after only drinking half of her shot. Like a sociopath.

"With any luck, I won't be leaving with you bitches tonight." I follow Ali's eyeline and she is making eyes at Mr. Tall-dark-and-handsome at the bar. And with the way he is making eyes at her, he is definitely interested.

"I swear all the guys you sleep with look exactly the same. Are you sure that's not the same guy from last week?" Em asks noticing him. Ali certainly has a type. They have to be at least as tall as she is in her heels and half as broad. She also generally prefers more dark-skinned men.

"No. Last week's guy didn't have arm tattoos." Lynn points out.

"You girls need to get laid too." Ali tells us.

"Not you, Ems. We all know how active you are." God knows her and Tariq can't keep their hands off each other. We have all walked in on them at some point. Those two need to keep it in their pants.

"I'm still getting over that mess with Jaden." Lynn reminds her and I bury my groan.

Jaden.

So this guy has been chasing after Lynn for months-almost a year. She finally gives him a chance only to find out that he is married. His pregnant wife punching her in the face has put her off dating for the forseeable future.
If she wasn't pregnant, I would have fucked that bitch up. It's not like Lynn knew he was married. He didn't even have the ring line! Why is your husband not wearing a ring?