Chapter 16

What in the shitty luck?

What are the chances that he is here in my office? And why is he here at lunch?
Is he coming or leaving?

It may seem cowardly, but I am pregnant with his child. He has a girlfriend. Said girlfriend made me sign a contract stating I wouldn't initiate contact with either of them. This whole thing is too messy.

Okay, maybe I'm overreacting.

Maybe it isn't even him.
My mind is probably playing tricks on me.

Tentatively, I take another peak behind the wall only to make direct eye contact with him as he heads my way.

Shit.

Also, is he somehow even dreamier than he was last time?

He is wearing a black suit that looks like it was made for him, accentuating every inch of his perfect physique. A suit is a very very good look on him. He looks like he just stepped out of a magazine cover, but with a quiet aura of power that lets you know he means bisiness.

Poppy decides to clench, but she been a thirsty bitch lately so I ignore her.

Instead, I focus on taking deep steadying breaths and taking out my phone to record whatever happens next.

I smell him before I see him. Lord only knows how he smells so delicious, but he does. That intoxicating scent takes me back to the feel of hot sweaty skin, husky filthy words and brain-chemistry-altering pleasure.
I can intimately remember the feel of him stretching me with every thrust while the hazel eyes bore into my soul.

Hazel eyes I don't have to look up to know are now looking at me once more.

"Zuri." Oh God, that voice. That deep soft voice that feels like a caress. Like a secret that only you know.

I look back up at him but do not say anything. I cannot say anything. All I can do is pray to God to have mercy on my poor soul. I remember our old pastor used to say that God never gives us more than we can handle, but I don't know just how much I can handle. Seeing him here just makes everything so real.

This man is the father of my baby, and he does not even know.
Our lives will forever be entwined whether I want it or not.

I take a good look at him in the light of day and almost cry. Why is he so beautiful? His eyes, his jaw that could cut grass with that perfectly trimmed beard. His nose, his lips... Those lips.

"Mr. Qadir!" The voice of our COO interrupts the dangerous lane my thoughts were moving in.

I compose myself turning my attention to my boss who is walking in our direction.
No, to my boss's boss.

"Mr. Bellingson." J.L. acknowledges him with a handshake while Bellingson was obviously going in for a hug.

Do they know each other?
Oh no. Please do not tell me J.L works here. This might be a huge office but I would have seen him before if he did, right? Unless he works in our other offices.

Didn't Janelle say something about him being on some flight? What if he works at one of the company offices in New York, or Nashville.
What if he's my boss?

"I wasn't aware we were meeting with you today?" Mr. Bellingson smiles in that disgenuous way he does.

"You are not. I'm actually here to take Miss. Coleman out for lunch."
If I was not so shocked by what he said I would have cursed him for turning Bellingson's attention to me.

Howard Bellingson is an unsettling man. I may have very few encounters with him, but they all leave me feeling violated somehow. Never by anything he says, he is always very strictly proper, but there is just something in his eyes that betrays his true nature.