Chapter 11

Ree

It has been exactly three weeks since the doctor confirmed I was pregnant. Three weeks.

I am nine whole weeks pregnant. It is insane to think about. Nine full bloody weeks. And I still feel nothing. No love, no resentment, no attachment, just nothing.

Except the fucking morning sickness. That has been relentless. The pills Dr. Bethuel prescribed helped a little, but it has been a rough month.
And all I want is a drink, but I can't because I'm fucking pregnant.

I give the girl's another half-assed excuse to avoid girl's night before retiring for the night.

At eight p.m.

On a Friday night.

Is this what my life has come to?

Maybe I should just call doc and book the abortion now.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I am having a relaxed day in watching D.C Young Fly being stupid. Why is this show not on Netflix already?

Today is a good day. I have not thrown up yet and I have been gorging myself on mangos all morning. I feel surprisingly great right now.

"Told y'all she'd be here." I hear Lynn's voice as my door opens.

Fuck, I forgot I gave her a key.

Why did I do that? That was dumb of me.

"It's alive." Lynn announces dramatically when she sees me. Em smacks her playfully while Ali charges my way.

"Bitch, it's been three whole weeks since we saw you. What the fuck?" She questions glaring at me with her arms crossed.

"I've just been feeling like shit lately." Not entirely a lie.

"Have you been to the doctor?" Em asks with concern lacing her voice.

I instantly remember my last doctor's visit.
"Yes. She said I have a stomach bug. Gave me some pills."

All technically true.

"Sorry, hun. We brought you some food." I could kiss Ali right now as I notice the tupperware she is carrying.

"You guys," they are so sweet to think of me and actually bring me food. Do I have the best friends or what? They even left early to come check on me. I don't deserve them.

"Are you crying?" It is Lynn that asks.

"No." I try to compose myself, but it is in vain. I am overwhelmed by the love I have for these three girls in this room.

"Ree, you're kinda freaking me out." Ali comments as I sniffle.

"I'm fine. Really."

"Maybe she needs some rest. She's been working non stop for the past two months." Em suggests to the rest of them.

"Do you want us to leave?" Ali asks setting the tupperware down on my kitchen counter.

"No. Stay." Maybe my self imposed isolation is part of why I have been so apathetic.

"We aren't going to catch whatever you have, right?" Lynn asks opening my fridge.

"I'm not fucking contagious, Lynn." I smile holding back my tears.

"Have you had lunch yet?" Em asks also heading to the kitchen.

"Had a pineapple and some mangos." A lot of mangos.
Pregnancy cravings are not a joke. I must have had over fifty mangos this week alone.