Chapter 9

Ree

Friday night is definitely my favourite night.

Not only am I looking hotter than the Sahara in my new dress, new hair, new nails and red bottoms, I also come bearing fantastic news for my girls.

Am I dressed up for tacos, yes, but I came straight from work.

Ali is also dressed up, because she's Ali. Wearing her favourite red leather miniskirt and a black lace bodysuit with stilettos. I am once again just the tiniest bit envious of how hot she always looks.

Em is in a much more relaxed look with skin tight jeans and a low cut blouse showing off her curves. Not an ounce of makeup and such simple clothes, but she looks sexy as hell.

Needless to say, the three of us have been getting looks since we sat down. And free drinks. The free drinks are the best part. Especially while we are waiting for Lynn.

"I'm serious. Isn't she too young?" Gaea asks worriedly making Em and I giggle.

"Didn't you kiss Ramone Bennet when we were eight?" I ask pointedly. Gaea's nine, she must have known this was coming.

"That was a peck after he shared his Mcburger with me. She wants to go on an actual date."

"She doesn't know what an actual date is. She's just more excited that a cute boy likes her." Em points out.

"He's a whole year older than her though. Isn't that creepy?"

"Sorry, sorry I'm late." Lynn joins our table.

"Her majesty has finally graced us with her presence." I joke as she sits.

"Couldn't be bothered to dress up?" Ali asks noting Lynn's attire distastefully.

"You're in a mood. What's going on?" Lynn asks after eyeing Ali for a few seconds.

That fast?

"Some boy asked Gaea out on a date." Em catches her up.

"He's my height. That isn't a boy, he's practically a teenager." She argues.

"This is simple. You talk to his parents, organise a chaperoned date and give her a few tips on how to keep the conversation going." Lynn simply states.

"It's not her job to keep the conversation going." Ali argues correctly.

"Duh. But they're kids, this'll be their first ever date so they'll probably both be awkward and won't enjoy the date."

"If that happens, then she won't go on any more dates." Ali says hopefully. She is really not prepared for Gaea's teenage years.

"No, she'll still go on dates, only her confidence will be shot. Over time she'll think she's bad at dates, then eventually she'll find other ways to compensate for bad dates."

"What? No!"

"Give her a few pointers. And some tips to tell which guys are duds. If you help her now, she'll trust you, then you become her confidante which you really want to be for the next decade." Lynn continues.

"Wow. That's actually decent advice." I cannot find the flaw in her logic.

"I'm more than just a pretty face you know." She jokes flipping her braids arrogantly.

"Good evening. Are you ladies ready to order?"

We place our orders and have a great dinner before settling for drinks.

"Is that a new dress?" Ali questions when I return from the bathroom.

"Cute, right?" Cost an arm and a leg, but definitely worth it.