Chapter 6

Ree

"Good morning." I smile as I sit down across from my best friend.

"Either the dick was good or your ex got ran over by a truck. Which is it?" She asks as soon as I sit down.

I would be surprised but Lynn is the most blunt and straightforward person I know.

"As much as I would love the second option, it's definitely the first." Without a doubt. I feel myself grin as I recall everything. You know it was a good fuck when you can still feel it the next day.

"The perfect bon voyage?" She asks sipping on a mimosa.

"Maybe. I don't know. I'm reconsidering settling down."
She raises one perfectly arched brow at me.
"I don't know. Last night just made me think... I'm not saying I don't want to settle down, that is still the plan; but who says I have to be celibate while waiting for Mr. Right?"

A waiter comes and takes our orders.

"You were saying." Lynn prods after he is out of earshot.

"Last night was amazing. And it reminded me how much I love new experiences and wild nights. I mean, I'm young, hot and unattached, why am I cockblocking myself? Why am I all of a sudden in a hurry to settle down anyway? The plan has always been to be married at thirty. That's five years away. I can allow myself some new experiences along the way."

I also planned on making my first million before thirty and I'm this close to closing this deal that will launch me to greater heights. With the money from the deal I could afford the life I have always wanted. I can be a stay at home mom then start my own business when my kids are older. Maybe I should focus more on that than finding Mr. Right for now.

"What?" I ask when I notice her incredulous look.

"Nothing. I just haven't seen you like this in a while." She shrugs sipping her mimosa once more.

"Like what?"

The waiter brings our drinks before she answers and I notice him checking me out.

He looks way too young for me, but I give him a flirty smile anyway and watch the colour stain his cheeks.

He leaves stuttering something about our food coming soon and I hold back a laugh. My eyes then meet Lynn's as she finishes up her first glass.

"What?" I don't like that knowing look on her face.

"I didn't say anything."

"But you were thinking it."

"What was I thinking?"

I swear I love her, but she can be so infuriating.

"I take it the deal with Sarrid is going well." Now this makes me smile.

"We are so close, babe. I can smell it." It smells like success.

"Good. Ali could really use it. She won't say anything, but things have been rough since the accident."

I sigh.
Of all of us, Ali is definitely the worst off financially. She had the toughest childhood, and falling pregnant at sixteen really didn't help. But she's also the most prideful and won't take our help.

"Yeah, well this deal is going to change all our lives." Ali will finally be able to quit her retail job and travel. Maybe even go to college. I know Ems has been swamped at the bakery and really wants to upgrade her equipment. I can finally quit my entry level job to be my own boss and Lynn...

"Well, I guess it isn't life changing for you." I realise.

Sometimes I forget just how well off Lynn is. Lucky bitch. She has never had to work a day in her life. And she probably never will.