Chapter 22

Dominic Martinez was a vengeful man. He felt wronged by life and others around him, and very rarely felt any emotion other than anger. His family had been powerful at one time. They were one of the few families that had been originals derived straight from Lycaon, the man responsible for the very existence of the wolves. His family went back generations, and they deserved the respect of all the wolves around them. If it hadn't been for his ancestors before them, none of them would even exist. The history of his family ran through his mind constantly as he was forced to stare into the eyes of Alpha Danielson. He hated living in that pack, knowing that if it wasn't for Alpha Alan Danielson, Andrew's father, he would be next in line to lead.

   Dominic's father, Santiago, was just as vengeful as his son, if not more. He remembered when his father was tried for conspiracy, and he also remembered the day his families whole lives were ruined. The council had found his father guilty, and of course, his family had lost any ounce of respect and power they had. Most people had felt pity on Santiago and his family, probably thinking they would blame the alpha for breaking the law and having their titles stripped. But it was the exact opposite. He believed his father hadn't done anything wrong, and the elders on the council were the problem. He thought they had always had it out for his family, due to their pure bloodline, and they would take any opportunity to take them down. His fathers situation was just the perfect opportunity.

Santiago's father was a true alpha in his eyes. He followed the ways of his ancestors before him, and even tho many didn't agree, the pack remained strong. Bronco had been a mean, but just man. He ruled the pack with a iron fist, and handed out punishments accordingly. He wasn't the most favored alpha, due to his no nonsense nature, but he was still listened too and the pack obeyed. He believed the woman had their place at home, tending to their mate, pups, and household. His luna, who the pack rarely ever saw, was held to those same standards. She was expected to take care of him, their children, and their house; but leave the pack to Bronco.

Alan Danielson, who was beta at the time, never agreed with Bronco's ways. He was very opinionated, and had no problem voicing those opinions. He often wondered why Bronco wouldn't allow Argenta to assume her natural role as Luna. She was a kind hearted woman who naturally loved all those around her. She was the epitome of a Luna; loving, just, kindhearted, but also fierce and a force to reckon with. She was just what the pack needed to balance out Bronco's hard nature.

Alan knew the pack was suffering. Bronco would never admit it, but he saw it too. As long as the wolves obeyed and submitted tho, he didn't care. They were a feared pack, having some of the most ruthless and mean warriors in the nation. Right below Nightshade, that is. Emmet Branson, the alpha of Nightshade at the time, was someone Bronco wished he never would have to see again. He couldn't stand how weak the alpha was, allowing the woman in his pack who wanted to train as warriors the right to do so. When a pack started letting females forget their place, they became weak. The alpha was kindhearted, and raised his oldest son, Alden, to be the same. It made Bronco sick.

That's probably what led Bronco to make the decision to try and take Emmet down. He wanted to take the pack, make it his own, and eliminate competition. He could see it now, Silent Ash would be the most powerful pack in the nation, if not the world. The things they could do would be immeasurable. He set his plan in motion, working with an old witch, who no one but his son knew about. She almost helped them get away with it, until her daughter showed up. She didn't agree with her mother's use of dark magic, and fought back. She was a faintly new witch, so it took outside help to finally stop her mother, but she did, and Bronco saw his plan ripping from the seams. He was found out, pleaded guilty, and a week later, he and his whole family were stripped of all they had ever known.

These things ran through Dominic's head as he punched the punching bag in front of him, over and over and over. He had sweat falling from his hair into his brown eyes, and his hands ached from the constant hitting. He was doing his daily training, per his fathers orders. He was to train twice a day, 3 hours a day. With his family being stripped of their alpha genes all those years ago, the Martinez's had to work extra hard to keep their physique up.