Letter To My Readers

Dear Readers,

So, I have some news that some of you may or make not like...but, I've been doing some thinking about where I want things to go with this book. I have a sequel, and possibly even a spin-off book planned; but I don't think I want either one to follow this version of the book.

I began writing this book I believe in 2018, and I knew how I wanted the plot, characters, and story to go. But as I began writing and getting deeper into the story, I realized that the plot and characters I had chosen were not how I wanted this book to be known. I unpublished and republished this book at least two different times, and the final time I republished it, it sorta blew up. I began receiving votes by the hundreds, people adding it to their lists by the hundreds, and more comments than I had received on any other work I had tried. People began messaging me, asking me to update and praising the book. I didn't have the heart to scrap it.

As many of you know, I've been working on a separate book that is the same characters and title, but is this story rewritten. I've changed the plot, character descriptions, and really been focusing on better storytelling and less plot holes. The characters have been reimagined, but will still follow the stories and lives of Nicole Danielson and Aldrich Branson. I really love how the rewritten version is flowing, Nicole's attitude and way she looks at life, and how supportive Aldrich is of her from the very beginning. I feel like when I began writing this version (the version you are currently reading), I wanted Aldrich to gradually grow to stand by Nicole and allow her to remain as alpha. Now though, that depiction of Aldrich literally makes me sick.

We as woman should not have to have a man allow us to do anything. We should be allowed to form and shape our lives how we want them to be. I've read countless stories, and I'm not bashing any of them. But I am tired of the same old thing where the man is so full of himself that he can't stand allowing the woman to shape and form her own life. She has to change him, which in real life is not how a relationship should be. Since having both my daughters, and marrying my husband and becoming his sons step-mother, I've realized that I want to write a book that reflects the type of relationship I would want my daughters to have. I want my male lead character to be the type of man I want my stepson to be, and treat woman how I want my stepson to treat woman. I don't want my lead character to be someone I wouldn't want my girls looking up to. But sadly, this book is just another example of a relationship that started out toxic.

I wanted this book to be empowering to woman, but I feel like it has missed the mark. People have pointed out the toxic traits of both my characters, and I know as a writer/creator you aren't really suppose to let things like that get to you. But I've honestly found myself agreeing with those that have criticized this book.

This letter to all of you is not in any way shape or form me bashing any of you that love this book. I appreciate all of you, every single one of you for showing this book as much love as you all have. But I'm trying to be as honest and transparent as I can. With that being said, I honestly hate this book now. I will complete it, and I will do my best to finish it as good as I can. But I do not plan on this book having a sequel or spin-off.

I am about 10 chapters in on the rewritten version of this book. I already have so many plans for sequels, spin-offs, and possibly even a prequel to tie everything together. I hope all of you will please give the rewrite a chance and love it as much as you do this version. I mean all of this with love, and hope that nobody is upset. I appreciate every one of you so much, and thank you for getting this book to where it has. I don't see it winning any awards or ever being number one, but that's okay. That wasn't my intention with writing it.

I love you all so much and thank each and every one of you more than you will know. You will never know how each and every one of your comments, votes, and adding to your lists have warmed my heart and pushed me to continue to write.

With Love,

bGoforth