Chapter 28

It was around 11:30 the next day, and Nicole was standing in Aldrich's office with him, Josh, and Alex. She was wearing a white sports bra and shorts, her running shoes on her feet. Aldrich was shirtless, a pair of gym shorts and running shoes being the only thing he was wearing. Josh paced the office, chewing on his finger nail is worry as Aldrich rolled his eyes. "Calm down. I'll be fine."

Josh stopped pacing, turning to look at his best friend. "You have 7 of our best warriors who are getting ready to jump you. How do you want me to calm down?"

Alex looked between the two, taking a deep breath of air. "I'll help you, man. Just say the words."

"No, it's dishonorable. The pack will look down on it." Aldrich answered.

"Oh, so you would rather her get in there and fight for you? No offense, Nicole, but these are trained killers. She can't take all of them on alone, Aldrich!" Josh shot back, his voice raising as his worry increased.

Aldrich knew Josh was worried for not only his sake, but the packs. So he let his tone slide. "I don't want her to interfere, but she's gonna do it regardless of what I say. She knows that if it becomes to much, she backs out. Most of them will be focused on me either way."

Nicole sighed angrily, going to stand by Alex who was in between the two men. "In case y'all forgot, I'm right here. I know how to fight and defend myself, and I'm not letting Aldrich go in there and be slaughtered. So the sooner the both of you can understand that, the better." she yelled, glancing at Josh and Aldrich both as she spoke.

Alex cleared his throat, glancing at them both too. "If it becomes too much, I'll step in for Nicole. There's no rules stating I can't defend my.." He glanced at her, almost saying luna.

Nicole didn't care. She gave him a soft smile, nodding, understanding what he was saying.

Josh had calmed down, looking to Alex. "She doesn't claim the title of luna, so it would still be dishonorable. It will make her look weak if you step in."

Alex's eyes bore into Josh's, his tone remaining firm. "If it comes down to it and she needs me, I'm stepping in." He glanced to Nicole. "As long as that's okay with you?"

Nicole sighed and nodded. "Yeah, it is. Thank you, Alex."

He nodded and gave her a tight smile, turning his attention to Aldrich. "Alpha, are you ready?"

Aldrich nodded. "As ready as I'll ever be."

Josh and Alex both nodded to him, walking out the room to prepare for the fight. Aldrich turned to Nicole, pulling her into his arms and holding her tight. "Don't get hurt, please. If you need Alex, let him help." He pulled back, staring deeply into her eyes. "If something happens to me, you run. Go back to Silent Ash and call as many alphas as you can and tell them what's happened. Don't let them take you."

Nicole felt tears brimming her eyes. It almost felt like he was saying good bye, and she couldn't handle that. "You're gonna be fine. I'm here, and no one is gonna take Nightshade from either of us."

Aldrich faked a smile, dipping down and pressing his lips to hers. "I love you." he said after pulling away.

"I love you." she replied, taking his hand and leading him out of the room. Together, they made their way out of the pack house, once again going into the back where everyone had yet again gathered. People whispered as they saw Nicole's attire, knowing that she would more than likely taking part in the fights. Everyone knew that the challenges never went like they were suppose too. Men became power hungry and didn't care about their honor when it came to these things. They would do whatever it took to win, and that usually meant breaking the rules.