Chapter 10

Terrified. The young male was terrified as he hurried towards his leaders shack. 'They weren't suppose to get caught. Why the hell did they let themselves get caught?' His wolf was pacing in his mind, his worry reaching depths it never had before. He knew how his leader would react. And he knew it would be taken out on him.

Stepping into the old shack, he made his way up the old rickety stairs to his leaders room. Knocking gently on the door, he walked in as he heard a quite 'Come in.' His leader was sitting behind a desk in the corner of his room, a pen in his right hand, and a disposable phone in the left. He was writing on a piece of paper and talking to someone through the flip phone in his other hand.

"Sir, I have news of the attack on Alpha Bransons land." said the young boy, surprised at himself by how clear his words had come out.

His leader looked up at him, his brown eyes boring into the teens. "What is it?"

The teen fidgeted under the mans gaze, glancing down at his hands as he spoke. "Axel, Mike, and Chris..they.. got captured."

Expecting for his leader to immediately react to the news, the teen was shocked as his words were met with silence. He looked up at the older man, his eye brows furrowing in confusion as he saw the man smiling. "Sir?"

The mans smile grew as the second passed, and before the teen knew it, the man was cracking wildly. "I knew those idiots were the right ones to send! Did you hear that? They got captured!"

The voice on the phone, who the teenage didn't recognize, chuckled through the phone. "Axel was so eager to go. Do you think he will cave and talk?"

The man quieted down his laughing, and replaced his smile with a smirk. "Oh, I know he will. Chris and Mike, maybe not. But Axel is a pussy. He won't last long."

"Just make sure you are ready when he does. That stupid alpha will send warriors after you. He has Nicole back at his pack, and I need her to stay there for now. Make him come to you, do you hear me?"

The man nodded, even tho Nico couldn't see it. "Yes Sir, loud and clear."

"Good. Be ready." The phone clicked as the unidentified male hung it up.

The teen shifted on his feet as he stared at the man in front of him, his confusion rolling through him. "You..wanted them to be captured?"

The man chuckled, going back to his writing. "You will understand soon boy. Now, go train. Everyone needs to be ready when Alpha Branson send him warriors here."

The teenager gulped and nodded, turning and making his way out of the room. He went back down the steps, walking out the shack as he reached the front door. He started to question what he had gotten himself into, and if it really was the smart thing to do.

Aldrich and Nicole had ran all over the territory, stopping at certain spots for Aldrich to explain the history of it. His territory was huge and beautiful, and part of Nicole couldn't wait until she could truly call it hers. They came up on a large lake near the end of their run. Aldrich smirked and shifted, walking towards the water as he looked back at Nicole. He had a mischievous look on his face as he watched his mate shift also.

"What are you doing? I thought we were heading back?" she asked as she walked towards the male. He didn't answer, instead deciding to grab her by the waist and pull her against him. Her naked chest pressed against his as he pulled her into a passionate kiss, his lips attacking hers. She kissed back immediately, her arms wrapping around his neck and hands going into his black hair.

A small moan left the females mouth as she felt Aldrich's hand squeeze her waist tightly. He moved them down, being sure to squeeze her ass cheeks before resting his hands on the back of her legs. "Jump." He commanded, his words slightly muffled due to his lips still being on hers. She jumped, and he lifted her up with ease to carry her. Taking a couple steps back, he pulled them into the water, deepening the kiss as he did so.

Nicole's head was swimming as Aldrich lowered them into the water. Her legs had wrapped around his waist tightly, her core pressing into his stomach, causing a low growl to come out of the males chest. Aldrich pulled away from her, one of his hands moving to her cheek, caressing it as he looked over her face. "You're so beautiful." he whispered, a deep and passionate emotion coursing through their bond.

Nicole's cheeks lit up, a small shy smile ghosting her lips. "Thank you." she whispered back.

Aldrich smiled and kissed her forehead, pulling away a second later and swimming backwards. "How about we actually swim for once?" he asked jokingly, smirking as Nicole's blush deepened. She nodded, diving under the water and swimming and swimming between his legs. She came up for air behind him, wrapping her arms around his neck as smiling at his gaze. Aldrich smirked, taking them under the water as she held on to him.

He swam all around the lake, his female holding onto him the whole time, enjoying his closeness. The water was crystal clear, and Nicole marveled at the beauty of it as Aldrich swam around. The idea of living on his land began to sound better and better.

Nicole had stayed in Nightshades territory for two days before she decided to go back home. Lance and James had been holding things down back at the pack, but still, they needed their alpha. That, and everything going on with the rogues and the unknown Nico person, everyone was on edge. Aldrich had been insisting on going back to Shadow Cave with his mate, but with Nicole's insistence that he stay with his pack, he realized she was right.

The two alphas stood by each other as a couple of wolves from Aldrich's pack helped load their soon to be Luna's bags into the SUV waiting on her. The warriors that were returning to Shadow Cave with Nicole had already been loaded up and were waiting on the alphas to finish their goodbyes. Nicole turned to face Aldrich, reaching to run her hand down his hard jaw. He had a light bit of stubble from where he hadn't shaved in a few days. She smiled at him, reaching up and placing a small kiss to his lips.

"Promise you'll be safe, Nicole?" Aldrich asked for the millionth time that day.

Nicole rolled her eyes, chuckling as she nodded. "Yes, I'll be safe. Either Lance or James will always be with me, and your warriors will be on constant patrol. Everything will be okay."

Aldrich sighed, but nodded, his worry dying down briefly. "I'm sorry I'm being so protective. I just... I can't lose you. And the threat with this Nico guy, I-"

Nicole cut him off with a kiss, caressing his cheek once more as he kissed her back. They pulled away, their foreheads laying against one another. "Aldrich, I'll be fine. I'm not going anywhere."

Aldrich hesitantly nodding, frowning as she stepped away and into the awaiting SUV. His frown deepened more as they began to drive away, the line of SUVs getting smaller and smaller as they drove.