Bonus Chapter

Hey guys! So, I had originally planned to rewrite this book. When I finish the sequel and the new book I'm writing, I may move forward with rewriting this if you all would interested in it. I think the rewrite is waaaay better than this version, so I really hope some of you would be interested in reading it. I wanted to post this chapter from the rewrite that I never finished or published. It's Aldrich and Nicole discussing how his dad died. I didn't really elaborate on that in this book, and I really wish I would have. So, without further ado, here is the how Aldrich fought and killed his father to become alpha. Enjoy!
(This is from the rewrite, so certain things may have changed about the characters. Aldrich is a lot younger I'm the rewrite, I believe he is only 3-4 years older than Nicole. This is Aldrich and Nicole though.)

It had been a few hours since Nicole and Aldrich had finished, and instead of going multiple rounds like most newly mated couples would do, they found themselves laying together, talking. Nicole had just finished telling him about the time her dad had taken her camping in the mountains of Tennessee. They had laughed through the story, mostly at how Andrew wasn't able to start a campfire like he had boasted about or set up the tent. They had ended up sleeping in their wolf form to keep warm that night. It was easily the last camping trip Nicole went on with her dad.

Aldrich had told a few stories, most of them about the good parts of his childhood before his mother had died. She seemed like a sweet woman, and Nicole was sad she wouldn't be able to meet the late Luna Alice. Aldrich's mood had shifted though, and he sat up and took on a serious face as he pondered on what to say.

   Nicole noticed his mood, and her eyebrows furrowed in concern. "Aldrich, what's wrong?" she asked, sitting up behind him and wrapping her arms around his neck.

He glanced back at her, a distant look in his eyes. "I want to tell you about my father. About how I killed him. I'm sure you've heard stories and I can't bear to think of the horrible things you've probably heard about it."

Nicole laid her head against his back, her arms still around him. "All I've been told is your dad went mad after your mom was killed and you had to fight him for the pack. My dad told me that's what would end up happening before it even did. He knew you were going through a lot."

"That's an understatement." he said with a laugh. "My mother died when I was ten, and up until then, Arvin had been a great father and man. But, when the rogues came and killed her, something changed. He became angry, bitter, and full of hate. He also became distant. It felt like I had not only lost my mother, but him too that day. I guess I sorta did in a way." His tone was quiet and full of emotion.

She wondered who all he had told this too, probably not many. Josh was the only one she could think of that he would open up to about it.

"He became mean, and it got to where he was so obsessed with getting me ready to lead, that was all I was allowed to focus on. You're gonna be alpha one day, you need to grow up. You need to worry about the pack and less about yourself. It was never ending." He paused for a moment, taking a deep breath.

Nicole sat up and rested her head on his shoulder, kissing the mark on his neck lovingly. "You don't have to-"

"No, it's fine. It's just been a while since I've talked about it."

Nicole nodded, encouraging him to go on.

"When I turned sixteen, his deterioration reached its peak. He began turning on our allies for no reason, declaring war on random packs. My grandfather told me it was time, and the pack agreed. I didn't wanna do it, but I had to. No one else in the pack could beat him, not even my grandfather." he said solemnly.

"Why did he lose it like he did? When my mom was killed, Landon Richards told me that my dad came close to a partial shift. He was able to pull it back in and move on. Can all alphas not do that?" She hoped she didn't offend him. Her questions were legit and she couldn't seem to help but ask them.