Chapter 33

Dominic lay awake, none other than Nicole Branson laying asleep beside her. He felt accomplished, like he had finally conquered her and gotten what he wanted. He smiled as he thought about all the things he had done to her. Yes, she hasn't liked it, but she would learn to. He had reminded her what she truly was, a defenseless female. She was no alpha, she never would be. And he would make sure she knew that.

Nicole stirred a little, Aldrich's name falling from her lips as she slept. Dominic felt a soft growl tumble from his chest. He hated that name. He hated the man. He hated everything about Aldrich Branson. Branson had been given everything he ever wanted. He betrayed his father so he could become alpha, and instead of being reprimanded for it, he was given a pack. It was bullshit. All Dominic ever wanted was to be someone. He wanted people to know his name. He wanted them to respect and fear him. But the Danielson's had taken that from him.

He felt a pull, knowing that it was his dad wanting him to come down. He sighed, annoyed that he would have to leave the bed. It was early in the morning, around 2 am and his dad wanted to see him? He rolled his eyes and climbed out of the bed, throwing on some clothes and leaving the room.

Nicole had woken up when he moved, her body going rigid as she wondered what he was doing. She felt herself relax slightly when she heard him shuffling towards the door. It opened and closed a moment later, and she released a breath she had been holding. Sitting alone in the quiet, dark room, she became lost in her thoughts. She wondered if Alex was okay, or even still alive? She hadn't heard anything about him, so she assumed that was a good thing. She still worried about him, knowing she was the reason he was even there in the first place. As she sat there, leaned against the headboard of the bed, she starting noticing a sound. It was soft, barely noticeable. Du-dum, du-dum, du-dum. It was fast, so Nicole knew it couldn't be her own heart racing. She looked down, placing her hand on her stomach. She gasped as she felt a tiny bump. Tears swelled in her eyes as she listened to the little heart beats and ran her fingers over the small bump. How is this possible?

"Protect the child." rang a voice in her head. It was angelic, and Nicole felt her breath catch.

"Selene?" she whispered, looking up to the ceiling.

"Do not drink from the witch. Anything she has to offer, do not take it." the voice rang through her head. "You are doing well. Stay strong, Child."

Nicole felt tears well in her eyes. "Thank you. I will." she whispered again, looking down at her slightly swollen belly. "They won't take you from me, Little One. I won't let them."

She felt a sense of power as she stood from the bed, her hand resting protectively on her belly. The baby, her baby, meant something important; otherwise, Selene wouldn't have spoken to her. She knew then that she had to fight, not only for her unborn child, but for Aldrich as well. He had no idea she was pregnant, or at least she didn't think he knew. She had to make sure he had a chance to find out and get to meet his baby. Her head shot to the door as she heard footsteps coming towards it. She remained standing, lowering her hand to try and remain inconspicuous about her belly. A man opened the door, ordering her to follow him as he simply turned and walked back from where he came. She complied, following him as he led her to the main room in the building. She remained emotionless as the Martinez's, along with an older woman she didn't know waited on her. The unidentified woman was holding a steamy cup of something in her hands, a fake smile on her face as she walked up to Nicole. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you. I'm Josephine. Tea?" she asked, holding the cup towards Nicole.

Nicole didn't move her eyes from the woman's. "No thank you."

Josephine's smile only seemed to thicken. "I insist. Take it."