Becoming Part 1

TW: Slight Swearing

I woke up to the sound of my alarm which says 4:30 AM. I got out of bed and stretched as the light of dawn came beaming threw my window. I changed into my work-out clothes as I headed out on my usual jog and come back, go down to the basement to lift weights and punch the punching-bag and other exercises. Hi, my name is Y/n Lake, my mother's name is Barbara Lake, and  twin brother is Jim Lake. Well actually I'm 1 year older than him, but he was born on my birthday. So I guess that you can call him a life-time birthday present. He is the caretaker of the family while I am the protector of the family.

I was back to punching and kicked the punching-bag as I heard footsteps coming from outside of the basement door and my little twin brother. "Hey, Y/n. I just finished making lunch for everyone and I'm about to give breakfast to mom." He said as I grabbed the towel and rubbed my face against it to get my sweat off. "Okay Jim. I'll meet you in the garage." I said as I patted Jim's shoulder and headed upstairs to change into my black shirt, dark blue jeans, my F/c (Favorite color) tennis-shoes with my white socks, and my F/c hoodie.

I grabbed  my helmet and book bag and headed to the garage waiting for Jim. 1 minute passes by and Jim comes threw the door with his "Motor + Pedal" magazine and looked at his bike. The both of us hold onto our bikes as the garage door slowly opens. When it fully opens we both saw the trash bin knocked over with some of the trash on the ground. "Ugh, Raccoons!" He said in frustration. "Next time when they come back, we should make hats out of their skins." I said as I punched my fist into my other hand and smirked.

Jim went over to the trash bin to put it back into place and clean up. "We're late for school guys." Toby says. Toby is mine and my brother's best friend. The both of them are the same age, but as for me, I don't have any friends in my grade. I see Toby as another brother. "Sorry, Tobes. Busy with the lunches." Jim said as he threw an empty carton of milk in the trash but missed. I caught it and threw it in. "One for me, one for Mom, one for Y/n, and..." He said as he walked over to Toby and gave him his lunch." Ah." He said and sniffed the bag. "Balsamic mushrooms, meatloaf, chunky, sun-dried tomatoes." He said listing from what's in the paper bag. Sometimes I wonder how he could do that.

"And he put in cardamom." I said as the both of us walked into the streets. "Ooh! Taking a chance there, Chef Jim." He said. "What's life without a little adventure?" Jim said as he looked back over to him. "Yeah, without some adventure, then what's the point of life and living in a world like this." I said. "I can't eat this. I'm on a diet." Toby said extending his arm with the bag and turned his head away and walked over toward us. "You've been on a diet for the past fucking 14 years." I said as I pushed the bag back to him.

"I know." "You're 15." Jim said as we got on our bikes and pedaled away. "Long-term goals. My body's still changing." He said as we somewhat struggled to get on his bike to catch up. I saw that Toby was trying his best to catch up with us. "I'm right... I'm right... I'm right behind!" He shouted as he tried to gasp for air. "It's 8:00!" Me and Jim shouted. "We're going to get suspended, on account of meatloaf!" Toby shouted from behind. "Take the canal's, Tobes. It will save us five minutes. " I shouted as me and Jim steered to the right, entering the woods. 

"N-n-n-n-not the canal!" Toby said, stuttering from the rocky pathway. "Oh, live a little T." I said as me and Jim were neck-to-neck. The both of our bikes went up a dirt ramp and landed back on the trail. "It's living that I'm worried about, Y/n." Toby said. "Come on, Tobes. Don't you ever want a little more excitement?" Jim asked him. Toby then chuckled and said "No!". Jim turned his head back forward as we both sped up a little and our bike jumped off the edge of the canal and landed on the tilted wall and went to the bottom.

"Come on, Tobes!" Jim shouted. "James... Lake." Said a male echo-y voice as the both of our heads turned to a pile of rocks. "Whoa!" Toby said before screaming from behind and going down into the canals at a fast pace, while the both of us carefully placed our bikes on the ground, continuing to stare at the rock pile. We then heard a thud from behind as Jim looked back at Toby while I continued to stare at it. "Ha! How awesome are we? Awesome!" Toby said to himself as we walked over to the pile of rocks.