Mudslinging

Y/n's pov

I am annoyed today. The reason being is that today was the day that today was the day that they will chose who will be Spring King & Queen, and I'm hoping that I won't be one of the nominees to be chosen to be in this dumb competition, and I'm glad I haven't been chosen so far for my past high school years. Right now, every student is one the bleachers, and our school mascot, A.K.A. a mole, is doing its little dance in front of the crowd. Everyone is cheering, while I'm not making a single sound, and Coach Lawrence is under the spotlight, with a microphone on its stand in front of him. "Give me an A!" He shouted to the students. "A!" everyone shouted.

"Give me an R!"

"R!"

"Give me a C!"

"C!"

"This is taking way to long. Give me an 'adia'!" He continue to shout. When the student were supposed to shout out the reply, no said anything, the only thing that was making a sound was the music on the speakers. "What's that spell?!" He asked us. Still, no one said a word. "ARCADIA!" He said for the reply, and the mole was now in front of him, giving jazz hands (Jazz is a good Autobot).

"Go Moles! Go, Moles!" Coach Lawrence said with no emotions as he was pushing the mascot out of the way. "Before we begin, I have a few announcements." Coach said to the crowd. "And then his eye is glowing. And then, the dream just keeps reminding me that I'm completely out of my league." Jim said as he was explaining the nightmare he had. "Right? Tobes." Jim said as he noticed that Toby is paying attention to our mascot, who is Darci Scott. I found that out yesterday, and she told me to keep it a secret because she can finally feel like herself without people knowing who she is. I told her I would, but it doesn't matter what people think, like for example, look at me. Who wouldn't be where I am right now. (Totally not an Eda Clawthorne line because she's one of my favorites and I see Y/n like Eda and will probably make more Eda references. Anyway, back to the story)

"Who is that masked mole? You ever wonder?" Toby questioned. "You didn't hear a word I said just then, did you?" Jim asked. "Sure I did. You had no problem sneaking into the Darklands when it was to save Claire's brother, but now that Kanjigar says that you and Y/n have to face Gunmar, you're having nightmares about him and are freaking out that you're way out of your league." Toby said, leaving Jim and me wide-eyed. "I can multi-task, guys." He added. "It's Bill Aronstein." Jim said. "Wrong, Jimmy. Bill Cipher moved to Wisconsin." I said. "Do you have a nickname for every person we meet, Y/n?" Jim asked in a deadpanned tone. "Yes. For example, I sometimes call Blinky, either Blinks or Mr. Blue." I replied.

"This is someone else's artistry. Some one with... feminine wiles." Toby said, like as if he's a ladies expert. "What? What feminine wiles? How do you know that's a girl under there?" Jim questioned Tobes, as if some chaotic phenomenon that the who town is on fire that HE caused and Jim is questioning how he did all of that as if he did it with just a pencil falling of of the desk.

"uh, trust me, dude. I know women, and that is all women under there." He said. "I am right here Tobes." I said as I crossed my arms, and if looks can kill, he would've been dead on the ground, either today, or a long time ago. Then Darci stumbled a bit, bumping into Lawrence. "Hey! All right, mole, that's enough! Go back into your burrow or what ever!" He said as he shoved her away.

"Okay. Principal Levit has taken ill with the flu. He asked my to handle announcing the students the faculty's nominated for the year-end Spring Fling King and Queen." He said. "I hope it's not me." I groaned. "The nominees are: Shannon Longhannon! I'll pronounce it soon, Shannon." He said. A few seconds has pasted as Coach Lawrence was reading over the next girl. "Darci Scott!" He said. "The third and final nominee is..." 'Please don't say my name, please don't say my name' I repeated in my head. "Mary Wang!" He announced." I let out a breath of relief.