It's About Time

Everyone is going to love this chapter! >:D

Y/n's pov

Okay, so I'm not completely normal. My eyes are a bit brighter to the point they glow in the dark, my ears are a bit pointy, my teeth are sharper like canines, I am still the same height as I was when I was a Troll, which means I'm a few inches taller, and I have the powers of a Changeling, so i can turn Troll to human and human to Troll, but the gaggletack doesn't work on me. And I can make my eyes turn into my Troll eyes, which, in my opinion, I think is a good way to scare people for kicks. But, back to the story.

We were in the library, examining the artifact that they got from Gatto's Keep. "Interesting... Fascinating... Intriguing..." Blinky said as he was taking a look at the Kairosect. "So, how is this going to help us get the ring from Strickler?" I asked. "That is the conundrum. Perhaps someone should have stolen the instruction manual as well." Blinky said. He pressed a button, and then... he disappeared. We all gasped. "Eh, it doesn't look that com- Whoa! Where'd Blinky go?!" Toby asked.

"Yes! Yes! Eureka! It works!" Blinky exclaimed. We turned around to see that he was up on a tall shelf. "What? What works?" Aaarrrgghh asked. "How did you get up there?" Claire asked. "The Kairosect enables its bearer to step out of time, affording the opportunity to do this." Blinky explained and pressed the button again.

The next thing I know, I'm T-posing on a stack of books that are on top of Aaarrrgghh's head. "What just happened?" Toby asked. "I'm asserting my dominance!" I shouted and laughed like a mad man. "I feel so violated." Toby said. I looked down to see that Jim was doing a handstand, Aaarrrgghh was holding two more stacks of books in his hands, and Claire is hold Toby up in the air with her feet. "This is amazing!" Jim said as he walked over to Blinky, and I landed on my feet. "Do you know what this means?" Jim asked. "So that's how you get a ring off of someone without them knowing." Claire said. "We have so much time on our hands!" Toby said.

"We don't have to worry about juggling two lives at once!" I exclaimed with joy. "We can live all the lives we want!" Jim exclaimed, having the same emotions as me. "We can travel the world in a day! We could get PhD's in everything! Finally learn how to play the bagpipes! Become karate masters! Dude, we'd be Renaissance men!" Toby listed. "Or you could pass Senior Uhl's Spanish test, unless you want to fail his class." Claire said to Jim. "Me olvidé. I forgot!" Jim groaned.

"Ah! Powers of this device are limited to three rules." Blinky said as Toby handed him the Kairosect. "According to this inscription, if my Salickacious is correct, the first is that only one person can step out of time." Blinky said, which made Toby whine. "Secondly, the time-stopping effect lasts for precisely 43 minutes and nine seconds." Blinky continued. "And the third?" Claire asked. "You can only use it, uh... three times. Well! Now we know the rules!" Blinky finished and then waved it off like it was nothing.

"Wait, you just used that thing, like, twice." Toby said, holding up two fingers on each of his hands. "Well, the first, to test it's ability, and the second to demonstrate it to all of you." Blinky explained. "Blink, You Wasted Our Fucking Shots! Now we've only ONE chance to get the damn ring from Strickler!" I shouted at him. "In that case, I suggest you assure yourselves of his whereabouts before proceeding." Blinky suggested. "And I suggest you study for that Spanish final." Claire said to Jim, and walked.

---

It was the next day, and Jim wasn't here at school yet. I'm pretty sure he slept in, he's going to miss the Spanish exam, which is almost over. Then Jim ran in the room in front of Senior Uhl. "Usted es un hombre muerto, mi amigo." Senior said to Jim in Spanish, handing him his exam. Jim ran to his seat, and searched his bag. "Dude!" Toby whispered. "I overslept!" Jim whispered back. Then I heard the watch beep, saying that the exam is over. You are out of time, amigo. Pencils down." Senior Uhl said as he took Jim's paper.